Doll

Today is day nine! Doll! Now, this would be a fun creepy prompt for Halloween. (Yes this is a Time Steve Plush I have made)

Maybe a cursed doll is given to someone.

Maybe a Doll is an item of pain and regret.

Or it could be a doll as a gift to someone-

My story though is different...

This is a Crafting Dead Au. Let's say they safely made it out of the building and Dimitri and Sabre are now on their own. spoiler for my book? Maybe. 

Sabre

I've gotten used to killing the undead, but there is one thing that will never get easier for me to kill. 

Children.

Seeing children roam the streets dead hurts me. They are not sneaky and always seem to be screaming or crying. They are looking for the parents they have lost. When one is with its parent it kicks them away and ignores them. Children never seem to fully effect emotionally since they still want to be with their parents.

Dimitri always has to kill them for me. 

I stepped away as I heard him shoot a gun. A gun to finally make this tiny little girl stop crying out in pain. It was then dead quiet. I came back to him while pluto followed close behind me. I saw the child now dead holding a small little rag doll covered in dried blood. Dimitri looked at me unable to say a word. I took charge knowing how hard it is for him since he is a father himself. I may never know what being a father is like...

I picked up the girl and went to the side of the road. I started digging a hole in the ground for the small child. Nothing indicated a name or last name. All I could do was leave the doll as a mark for her grave. I buried the small child and covered her with dirt. I held this small doll in my hand. I placed it over the grave and hoped that maybe this child will meet other parents in our resting place. 

Before I didn't belive in god or a resting place. I still do not belive in god, but what I do hope for now is a resting place for children like her. 

(Words 376)