CHAPTER 11

Hey lovelies,hope you all are doing fine.
I know,i know and I'm sorry i went MIA with the sole aim of writing ten chapters or more (covers her face in shame)but i did what I wasn't supposed to.
I am becoming too lazy.

******
     It was Umma she met lying unconsciously on the cold tiled floor.
"What must have gone wrong,how long has she been in this state and most importantly,is she going to be fine?"those were her exact thoughts.
She quickly rushed out of the ensuite and straight to the parlour to seek help from mama Asabe.

"Mama Asabe dan Allah ki taimaka min.Ga Umma chan ta fadi a ban daki bata numfashi"

(Please help me mama Asabe.Umma fell unconscious in the toilet and she's not breathing)she finished breathing heavily.

"Subhanallahi!garin yaya akayi hakan?"

(Subhanallah!How did it happen?)
Mama Asabe questioned herself with the both now rushing towards their room.

     They carried her and moved her to the living room with mama Asabe goinv upstairs to call her highness .

"Hajia,hajia.Ga maman Rabiah chan ta suma.Dan Allah mu Kaita asibiti"

(Hajia, hajia.Rabiah's mum fell unconscious and she needs an emergency medical attention)mama Asabe said sweating profusely as she's too confused at the moment.

"Toh meh ake jira mama Asabe?A kira direba mana mutafi Koh"

(Then what are we waiting for mama Asabe.Let me call the driver)her highness replied.

They met Rabiah in the living room with a bowl containing water and a small towel pressing it against Umma's forehead.
Mama Asabe and Rabiah helped in moving Umma to the car and they zoomed off to the hospital.

    After her blood was taken for test,the doctor called on Rabiah and asked what the sick woman ate the night before and in the morning.
She answered with
"She had Rice yesternight and tea this morning".

"The thing is that her blood sugar is low,too low if i must say which made her unconscious.Coupled with the blood pressure which was high when she was wheeled in.She's stable now.
We've fixed a drip so that it strengthens her when she is awake "

"It's nothing to worry about.She'll be fine.That's all."The doctor said with her reply with a
"Thank you doctor".

    She left the office and met mama Asabe outside the room seated anxiously.

"Yaya ake ciki?"
(What's the problem)
Mama Asabe asked her.

"Nagode sosaiii mama Asabe.Likita yace ba abun damuwa bane".

(Thank you so much mama Asabe.The doctor told me it's nothing to worry about.She will be fine).
"Can you hear yourself?She's like a sister to me so why are you thanking me".She replied.

"Where's her highness?"Rabiah asked
"She just left to pay the bills".

"She has been so nice to us.I can't say thank you enough  for all they've done .May the almighty reward them abundantly".

******
Today is the day Umma is getting discharged from the hospital after spending four days under observation.
Yusuf had gone to sign the discharge papers and left Rabiah with their mother in the room when someone knocked and said his tasleem.
He entered when his Salam was answered.
It was her boss' younger brother.
The one whose name still remained unknown to her and she didn't care to ask.

"Ina wuni mama.Ya jiki?"

(Good afternoon ma, how's your health?"

"Afternoon my son.I am fine alhamdullilah".Umma answered back.
She then looked at him with skepticism and he smiled putting his head down and answering her.

"Sunana Farouk Ahid Balarabe.Ni kanin Haj.Khadija da Hajiya Fatima neh"

(My name is Farouk Ahid Balarabe and I'm a younger brother to Haj.Khadija and Haj.Fatima).

"Ayyoh,Masha Allah.Nagode da wannan zuwan naka.Yayinka mutanen arziki neh"

(Ohhhh!Masha Allah.Thanks for coming to check up on me.Your elder sisters are nice people)Umma said to him and smiled.

"Good afternoon and thanks for coming"Rabiah said to him without sparing him a glance.

(Afternoon Rabiah and you're welcome"he replied back smiling and casting his head down).
He isn't that shameless to keep on ogling at her in the presence of an elder.Her mother at that.

He sat there for a few more minutes before he said his greetings and left not without keeping some cash under Umma's pillow.
And you know the both wouldn't accept without an argument and reluctance.
They feel indebted to these people.Not everyone will take you in and enroll your kids back into school without anything in exchange.

*****
   "You know i can't leave without seeing her Zee"Mas'oud says to Zainab.The both were in the living room discussing and then Mas'oud teased Zainab saying she doesn't want him to meet his mother in-law.
Zainab smiled nervously and tried acting oblivious to what he said.And here they are arguing over what she said.

    "Mas'oud you know her and I'm scared.What if she shuns you or worst refuse to come down to see you?"Zainab said her eyes glistening with tears.

"Bakomaiii Zee.Just give it a try.I won't feel bad i promise".

"Ok"she answered and sauntered up the stairs heading to her Mama's room.She could feel a lump in the throat and her heart beating hard under her ribcage.The woman was just too unpredictable.She doesn't know how she's going to react if she embarrasses her.

  She loves Mas'oud and he's also ready to take their relationship a step forward but she's scared her mum's attitude would make her end up a spinster till the day she's taken to her final home.

Author's Note.

🥺🥺🥺 I'm truly,deeply and immensely sorry guys.
Take dis one hold body small.