Three - Alone

Harry immediately ran down the stairs and was surprised to find food looking fresh. Usually he got moldy cheese and spoiled milk.

For the next week he spent time watching television, catching up on sleep, playing with Hedwig. He had written back to Ron and Hermione, saying that he was fine and would try to write more.

He had completely forgotten about the Dursleys.

He was sitting on the stairs, gently stroking Hedwig when the door clicked. Harry jumped to his feet and Hedwig took off in surprise, no doubt going back to Harry's room.

Harry tried jumping up the stairs to hide faster, but slipped, hit his head, and fell back down the stairs. Maybe Hermione was right. Maybe he did have "The Potter Luck."

He tentatively touched the back of his head and felt the stickiness of blood when he pulled his hand away.

"BOY!"

So much for a good week.

•~~~~~•

Harry limped up to his room, his uncle having finally stopped and fell asleep. He shut his door quietly and dove under his bed for what he was looking for. A glint of silver caught his eye and he pulled out the wickedly curved knife, long enough to be considered a dagger. He had kicked it under the bed before Tonks could notice when on their way to headquarters.

Harry unlocked Hedwig's cage and let her out into the night. He hoped that she would stay far away enough from Vernon's anger.

Harry sat on his bed, exhausted, but he had to do this one thing before he went mad. He rolled up his sleeve, revealing an arm pocket marked with scars that held untold and unmentionable stories, for it would only convince everyone he was a freak and a liar, much like the newspaper had been pecking at him for the past few months.

He lightly drew the blade across the base of his wrist. Then again. Then again, until soon all his old scars were camouflaged beneath a sea of red. He set the dagger down on his nightstand.

He shut off his light and feel asleep, his arms and legs still bleeding.

•~~~~~•

Harry woke up to a surprisingly light knocking on his door and briefly wondered if he had died.

Then his uncle barged in.

"We want you out," he said with a malicious grin.

"Sorry?" Harry asked. Surely he wasn't- he wasn't going to say-

"Out," Vernon repeated, still grinning. Harry just stared.

"What?"

"OUT!" his uncle roared, and this time Harry wasted no time in getting grabbing his trunk- which he hadn't unpacked- and running down the steps and out the door. Hedwig still wasn't back.

"We don't ever want to see your freaky species around here ever again!" Vernon shouted out the door and slamming it.

He never felt more alone.

Author's Note;
I'm sorry if it seems like I'm trying to rush through the story, I'm just really excited to get to the more ✨dramatic✨ parts. Thank you