Seven - Runaway

Harry's pov

When they had finally stopped hugging Harry shrank his trunk (for weight purposes), and headed off down the street under his invisibility cloak. When he made it to the crossroads marking Private Drive, he made one last letter to the horrid place.

"Well, goodbye. I'd thank you for the happy memories, but there aren't any, so what's the point. Good luck with the Dursleys." And with that final thought, he made his way towards the city, where he could work out a plan from there.

•~~~~~•

It took about three hours for the jet-black haired teenager to make it to the city, where it was crowded enough to take off the his cloak and pray there were no order members. Or ministry. Or death eaters.

He slipped into a large crowd and made his way to the subway. Perhaps it was foolish to be running away on such a short notice with no real plan. Harry darted into a nearby alleyway and pulled out a map at random, which turned out to be the field where the Quidditch World Cup was held a year ago. Hopefully it would be abandoned.

He was about to move back out into the bustling people-highways when he saw something else. Someone else.

Professor Lupin was sitting at the bakery on the other side of the road, reading at a table with a bright red umbrella. Harry scanned the rest of the shop but didn't see anyone else, and figured that if he moved quickly, he wouldn't be spotted.

Harry once more moved into the busy walkway, keeping watch for any suspicious behavior. He must've been staring a little too hard because he saw Professor Lupin look up and around, his gaze stopping just short of Harry, who then let out the breath he wasn't aware he was holding.

He slipped into he subway and caught the train. He sat down on a seat and took a look at the Stoastshead Hill map. It just barely showed the field. It would at least be a two-day journey. It may be a nerve-wracking journey, but it definitely is an exciting adventure.

Harry was ready for this solo years adventures.

Author's Note:
Yeah, sorry once again for a short chapter and not much descriptive words. If I feel the need to go back and change something I will. Thank you.