Eleven - Confrontation

Harry jumped out the window, and fell.

About seven feet.

On to a ledge. About one and a half feet wide.

Some hundred feet in the air.

With a light drizzle.

Harry had noticed from a previous visit that there was a slight ledge below the window- big enough for Harry, but not much of anyone else- and led to the roof, a place he had briefly explored when he stayed at Grimmauld Place during the summer.

Harry balanced with his back to the wall as he heard shouting, looking down on all the oblivious people to the commotion above.

"HAR- oh for crying out loud," Sirius had shouted and was now looking down on the obscrual inching his way to the top of the roof in amazement.

Tonks' head appeared next. "This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen," she said rather calmly.

Harry didn't respond, as he was determined to make it to the top where he may have a chance to fly away or disapparate. He felt a shaking to his right and saw the Sirius was trying to make his way to Harry.

"Get off the roof," he said, glaring at Harry while glancing down anxiously.

"How come?" Harry asked almost lazily.

"Did you know the roof is the best place for a long talk? Take advantage of it!" Tonks chimed in.

Of course, none of that was true, she was just trying to defuse the tension between godfather and godson.

Harry took no notice and continued to move slower than a snail to the top of the roof.

"The roof is not a good place!" Sirius shouted at her, diverting his attention from Harry. It was incredible that the people far down below still had no clue.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Harry jumped from the ledge and on to a sloped part of the roof. The rain was picking up, making the tiles under his feet slippery.

"SIRIUS PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR GOD ____ GODSON," Lupin suddenly shouted. Still no one heard that.

Sirius glanced at Harry- who was almost up over the sloped roof- and transformed into Padfoot, who would have an easier time balancing. He was afraid to do it beforehand because he might accidentally knock Harry off. It still took some balancing.

Harry had almost made it over the top of the slope, where he could see a smooth surface ahead of him, when Padfoot suddenly barreled into him, sending him fly across the roof and almost rolling off the edge.

Sirius transformed back and faced Harry with a look of grim determination. Harry had gotten to his feet, wiping away the blood from the cut by his eye, but Sirius wasn't going to feel too tremendously guilty about it until he got some answers.

"Stop running from everyone," Sirius commanded, hearing Tonks and Remus struggle to reach them.

"Be honest and I'll have no reason to run," he hissed back, risking a glance at the street far below him.

"Be honest about what?" Sirius shouted back. The rain had become a full-fledged storm at this point and could hardly be heard from fifteen feet away.

"About you knowing! And thinking I shouldn't have to know!" And Sirius saw that somewhere deep beneath all the pent up anger was a small kernel that felt betrayed by everyone in his eyes.

Lightning flashed across the sky, briefly illuminating everything before once again going dark. Tonks' and Remus' voices had been lost in the sea of noise around them as Sirius hesitated, debating back and forth if being honest.

He took a deep breath and forced himself to look into those betrayed emerald eyes. "I'm sorry we lied," Sirius shouted over the wind. "We just wanted you to be safe."

He could hardly hear Harry's bitter laugh but still saw it.

"Safe? With them? Ever wonder how it came to form in the first place?" He asked.

"Yes! Dumbledore told us!" He was getting really fed up with this conversation.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "What'd he tell you?" he shouted, wiping blood from his face again.

"He said that it was a random occurrence!"

The shock on Harry's face was evident, as was the belief that Sirius trusted that Dumbledore told him the truth.

""Random occurrence"?" Harry almost whispered. "Random OCCURRENCE?!" he then yelled.

Neither of them saw that Tonks had made it to the roof with them and was watching with wide eyes.

"Dumbledore-" Sirius began.

"Dumbledore lied! Mrs. Figg was the only one that was honest with me! She gave me a book on it!" Harry interrupted, tossing the book at Sirius. No one saw where it was in the first place.

Eyeing his godson, Sirius opened the page to "Introduction" and read:

An Obscrus is formed when a child has suffered and is repressing their magic: whether by force or willingly. Most Obscrus' are formed under case of abuse or neglect.

"Abuse or neglect?" Sirius asked, looking up.

"Ignore that," Harry said a little too quickly, however Harry knew that he hade given the key to his secrets.

"The Dursleys." It wasn't a question. Tonks' hands flew to her mouth and she looked sharply at Harry, wanting him to deny.

"No!" Harry still shouted, even though he knew it was too late and Sirius had unlocked the secret that Harry had tried to bury for so long.

Harry glanced down again, wondering if he could jump off, live, and have everyone think he was dead so he could avoid the interrogation to come.

"Probably not," he thought with a sigh. It could be his plan B.

The book clattered to the ground as Tonks' silently stunned Sirius. Harry, still frowning at the ground, didn't notice until a second stunning spell hit him. He would've fallen over the edge for if it wasn't for someone who gently pulled him back.

Author's Note:
Hello! Thank you if you've made it this far, and I would like to know your opinions on this story so far. You don't have too if you don't want to.
Thank you!