Thirteen - The Dreams Begin

Harry woke up in a dark place, not even sure he was awake. Everywhere he looked it was black, with dark grey mist swirling around his feet and shoulders.

"Hello?" He called out, not even sure if he would receive a response.

The smoke became thicker, making his limbs colder and colder until he was sure they were frozen and could be snapped off like icicles on a roof. The smoke suddenly left him, deciding to mold itself into three definable shapes in front of him.

The middle one spoke with Cedric's voice. "You traitor," he hissed. "You let me take the cup. Your the reason I'm dead. Your life was miserable enough, no one would care if you had died. No, I had a family."

Harry slowly began to back away, shaking his head, his mouth opening but no words came out. The second figure came forward, playing a hand on Cedric's shoulders.

"You are a perfect son," there was a pause as he pushed the glasses back up his nose. "Any parent would've been proud to have a child like you. As for him, he is dead to me, you are my son now."

Smoke Cedric looked up at Smoke James. "Thanks Dad."

The final figure came forward, resting her hand on his arm. "Indeed he is worthless," she looked at Harry, who had silent tears running down his face. "Weak," she spat, turning her husband and... new son away from her old one. Smoke Lily approached Harry as the other two walked away.

Harry looked into those eyes, looking for any teasing. "I never should've died for you." She said simply, and followed her new family into the growing mist.

Harry sank to the ground and buried his face in his legs. More voices appeared, this time Ron and Hermione.

"Friends tell secrets, don't they?" Smoke Hermione snarled, "and what are you?"

"A monster is what he is," Ron said, putting an arm around her. "A liar, a murderer, and a traitor, I say he deserves to be abused."

They both cackled loudly and entered the mist, which Harry was sure was making the temperature drop below freezing. He buried his head into his legs and covered his ears, knowing who was next.

"I hope you don't think I actually care, do you?" Tonks' voice said, cold and sarcastically. She bent down next to him, "You should learn the truth, no one CARES." She laughed and tripped into the mist.

"She's right you know," Smoke Sirius said. Harry didn't look up. "Had you have been your father and did this, it could be forgivable."

"Now Sirius, remember. He's the reason they're dead." Smoke Remus reprimanded.

"True true," Sirius muttered. They both left through the smoke.

Harry felt a hand on his back and immediately flinched away. He didn't want to hear anything else from anyone else. There was a long sigh and whoever it was sat down beside him.

"I'm sorry you experienced that." Cedric said.

Harry looked up sharply and stared at him. "Is- is this a trick?" He asked, his voice scrapping the back of this throat.

Cedric looked at him with pain and pity in his eyes. "I never thought that my death may influence you like that." He scowled at the retreating mist as if Professor McGonagall just entered the room.

Harry blinked at Cedric, who looked exactly like he was before the third task started. "Am I dead?"

Cedric smiled as he turned his attention towards Harry. "Not really," was all he said.

Harry stared. "Not really?"

Cedric stood up and offered a hand to Harry. "I'm afraid that your power is starting to kill you, and this is the beginning of many more dreams. You are not dead, but I am, and I am speaking to you." He changed to a cartoon ghost voice, much like the one Tonks had used when talking about the salamanders, "from beyond the grave."

Harry gave an odd snort-giggle despite himself, and hugged Cedric. They had grown close during the Triwizard- or Quadwizard in this case- Tournament and never really expressed that they had this sort of bond. Cedric hugged Harry back, and the moment they broke apart the darkness began to get a little lighter.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry this took so long to publish, I felt like I had written myself into a corner and didn't know how to punch the walls down. I realize that this may have gone a little Hedric.... and this isn't supposed to be about ships but... here we are. Thank you for reading!!!