Burrow Girl and Surface Boy

A boy wearing a brown wavey scarf along with a short sleeve white shirt with a faded design and brown sweat pants and two makeshift spears. He had H/c hair, E/c eyes sighed as he walked through a waterway filled with vegetation.

The boy whipped his forehead with his arm and flicked it away from himself as he continued walking.

"Your lucky your such a good fashion choice or I would burn you for warmth in the night." The boy said as he used a hand to pull the scarf away slightly.

The boy's name was Y/n, a human in a world where animals mutated and took over the surface. While some humans went underground, others wished to continue to live their lives on the surface they called home. And so, they did. 

Y/n was one of the few humans that lived on the surface that weren't taken nor dead.

He looked around quietly as he continued walking. Luckily, the lack of shoes made sneaking around much easier. And on the surface, being the quietest is the safest way to go.

Y/n looked around himself cautiously when he heard a small rumbling.

"Mega mute?" Y/n questioned as he looked around himself as fast as he could.

"No. Far too fast for any mega mute." Y/n said as he looked around before he looked to the right of himself.

A dark empty tunnel was where all the rumbling was coming from. And it was getting louder by the second.

"Oh..." That was all y/n said before he turned to a small hill and ran as fast as he could to it.

Y/n ran up to the base of the small hill of grass when the rumbling got even closer.

He jumped over the hill and hid on the side while simultaneously grabbing one of his spears and holding it to the side of himself in case of mutes running out from the tunnels looking for an easy meal.

He was NOT an easy meal.

"C'mon y/n. You got this. Game face on." Y/n hyped himself up as he rolled his shoulders and cracked his neck.

Tightening the grip on his spear, the sound of crumbling got quieter before water suddenly shot out of the tunnel and suddenly surrounded y/n and flowed down the waterway.

Rocks and other small chunks of debris were shot through the river as well as y/n got as close as he could to the small hill. 

Y/n looked at the rocks as they sped past the small hill he was on. And he suddenly found himself thanking whatever had made him for not making him slow enough to be caught in that sudden flood of water.

After a few seconds, the water was spread out and barely covered up his ankles.

Y/n let out a sigh of relief as he stood up and whipped off his clothes.

"Where did this come from?" Y/n asked himself as he walked to the side of the small hill and instantly noticed a body floating in the water.

"A mole mute!?" Y/n asked himself as he pointed at the pink (Is it pink or purple? It's so hard to tell) thing. But then he noticed its hair tied in a bun and it had a very human-like frame.

"Oh. Just a human. A pink human... Why are they pink?" Y/n asked himself as he walked to the pink human that just floated in the water face down.

Y/n poked the pink human with the flat side of his spear a few times.

(Are you dead? Can I have your-) y/ns thoughts were caught off when the pink human suddenly looked up and gasped loudly.

Y/n immediately jumped back and pointed the sharp end of his spear towards the pink human.