Cactus Town

We see Lio put a pan filled with sizzling mushrooms down on a stove, before grabbing a bottle filled with olive oil and pouring it onto them. Causing steam to shoot up into the air.

Kipo meanwhile flipped a page in a boon she was reading.

Lio put the bottle back in its place and sucked his thumb before grabbing the pan again. Using a spatula to stir the mushrooms.

"Dad, did you know Milky way is the reason we have the word galaxy?" Kipo asked, looking up from her book to her father, who turned his head to acknowledge her.

"The ancient Greeks looked up, they saw a milky thing in the sky, and they called it galactos." kipo said, using a hand act as though the word was in front of her. 

Lio gave off a chuckle as he turned forward again and continued stirring. "I did. I wrote that book." he said, looking back at kipo again before looking back toward the pan.

"Oh. Eh, it's all right." kipo said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Well, the blurb on the back says it's 'Brilliant and insightful'." lio called out as kipo turned the book around, and true to his words, the blurb said those very words. "So, heyo!"

Kipo sighed as she looks up at her ceiling, it having a bunch of constellations. "Don't you ever get sad that we'll never get to see all that?" kipo asked sadly as she stared longingly at the constellations.

Lio turned around, a frown on his face. Grabbing the town wrapped around his arm, he took it off and grabbed the bracket with a four-leaf clover made of gold on it, taking it off his wrist. He also turned the stove off.

"Hey, you know what I used to do to cheer up your mom?" lio asked as he grabbed his guitar with a sun around its center.

Kipo looked over with a smile on her face, giving off a light chuckle. "Yes, dad. You've played me that song a million times." kipo explained, looking away as lio sat down and started playing. "it worked for me when I was six." Kipo said, looking over at her dad.

"🎵We may not have sunshine, or starlight, or weather, but we've got each other 🎵" Lio sang as he rocked side to side softly.

"🎵And that's even better.🎵" Kipo sang as she turned her body around to look at lio.

Lio gave off a small chuckle as kipo reached over and grabbed her own small guitar, a four-leaf clover drawn on its middle.

"🎵You don't need the sun to keep you warm when you got arms🎵"Lio sang before he reached over and hugged kipo.

Pulling apart, kipo begins using her guitar. "🎵Whishes come from you and not a random star🎵" kipo sang off softly.

The two smiled at each other before lio used his guitar as well. "🎵We may not have storm clouds, but the sky always blue🎵"  the two stop singing as they both look up at the constellations.

"🎵We've got something special here, and what we have is you, and what we have is you, and what we have is you, and what we have is you...🎵" lio finished off the song before they both started to use the guitars in less... Music-making ways.

The two let out laughs and kipo leans back to sit in a more relaxed position on the couch.

"Ok, I guess it still works on me when I'm 12." kipo admitted with a soft chuckle.

"Thanks, Dad." She said softly.

Lio stood up and kissed her head walking back over to the mushrooms.

Now sitting at the counter, kipo uses some chopsticks to grab a mushroom.

"Pass the sauce?" kipo asked opening her hand.