Prologue

Note: This is a SEQUEL. The first book is title "Adore" in my profile :)

Strawberrys and Thorns (Flashback Chap)

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

The air was rather humid that day.

The morning rain had just passed by, having lasted more than a few hours since the wake of the sun's first rays.

Though to some, it would have been a nuisance. Nothing more than another problem to get through the swiveling and muddy roads that had already been a hassle when they were dry.

But to others, it was well needed.

It was a source of freshwater, a source of sustenance for the plants and animals of the forest.

For these creatures, it was a most welcomed event.

And to some...

"Oh, this one is nice..."

The rustling of the strawberry fields raised to a degree so loud that it caused the birds in the nearby area to fly away from the surrounding forests' treetops.
One by one, the bright red fruits disappeared within a millisecond, all having been tossed into a rattan basket off towards the edge of the field.

It was piling up now, soon the time when another basket would be needed was shortly approaching.

"Hmm hm hh hmmm"

Humming a small tune, the girl who was doing the picking stopped altogether, having put the final strawberry on top of the pyramid made of the same fruit that was in the self-crafted basket.

Smiling contently, she wiped the top of her forehead contently, proud of the sight she created.

"There. Smooties~ jam~ cake~ they're so perfect~ Oh dear- I need another basket."

As she went to pick up the filled basket, her hair bounced lightly since it was done up to make it easier to work.  It was also to note that her muddy boots and dirt-smudged gloves were distinct in the blistering light of the after-rain sun.

Curling each of her fingers, she carried the basket through the fields until she eventually reached the back door of her home.

A few strawberries may have stumbled off the pyramid, but non were dropped as she placed the container onto the table of her kitchen.

Grabbing a strawberry, she took it to the bucket of freshwater she had gotten from the nearby river before picking up a cup and dipping it into the crystal clear liquid.

Though the rain had just passed, it was best to wash the fruit before eating it.

Gently rubbing her fingers around the skin of the fruit, she finally deemed it clean enough before popping it into her mouth, and chewing on it as a burst of the tangy yet sweet flavor took over her tastebuds.

Just as good as she thought it was.

Sitting down on the table the girl enjoyed the sweet fruit happily, as her world continued in a blissful, chirping melody on such a perfect morning.

.

.

.

*S L A M*

"WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE."

The deafening sound of the antique table rattled through the home in an echoing fashion.
If the birds weren't scared away by now, they were sure long gone after that.