The Call

Mia checked her phone after hearing the notification tone. After reading what it said she sat up from the bed she was laying on quickly.

"Oh. M. Goodness. Babe! Some guy from the second year dorm building saw my Profile on that roommate app the school made!" Mia yelled excitedly to her girlfriend who was in the bathroom trying to perfect her lipstick.

"Oh my god really? Not going to lie I really wasnt sure anyone would want to. I mean you really are awful."  Adira yelled back teasing.

"why you gotta be so mean for? Am I not allowed to get excited about it?" Mia laughed back

"Of course you can be excited, I just dont know why you sound so surprised. If anything you should be surprised it took this long" Adira said rubbing her lips together, finally getting her lipstick how she wanted it.

Mia looked up from her phone to see Adira stepping out of the bathroom. Admiring how absolutly amazing she looked. She was a 5'7" hispanic girl with long dark brown hair with highlights that goes past her lower back when she doesnt have it pulled up in her usual high ponytail. As usual she was rocking her rose red lipstick, perfect eyebrows and eyeliner "sharp enough to cut a bitch" as she would always say. She was wearing black dress pants with gray lining, a red button up shirt and a black cardigan. To pull it all together she was also wearing slick black 4 inch, ancle high stiletto heals.

"can you stop looking so dam good?"  Mia said as she stood to check out her girlfriend.

"why? am I too distracting?" Adira replied, turning in place to show off. Swishing her hair with her head once she finished turning so her ponytail whipped over her sholder.

"Absolutly!" Mia said just before sharing a kiss. Carefully as to not mess up Adira's masterpiece that she worked so hard on.

"So tell me more about this guy that wants to live with my girlfriend." Adira said walking past Mia to her bed to make sure she had all the stuff she needed in her backpack.

"I dont really know much yet. He just asked me to text him back or send him a message when I get the chance. All I know so far is that his name is Jake, and he's a second year too. And I guess we have similar majors so it would make sense for us to room together. I wonder if i have any classes with him."

"You mean you dont know?" Adira laughed looking up from her bag.

"Well I dont go to my calsses to make friends. I go to my classes to be the best."

"Well are you gonna call him?" Adira said excitedly.

"Well yeah, its not like you're gonna let me live with you"  Mia tried her best to look upset but couldn't help the smile forming on the corners of her mouth.

"You know dam well if I wouldn't get in trouble with my landlord that I would love to have you stay here with me. But I cant risk getting evicted from here, then we'd both be screwed."

"yeah and not in the fun way" Mia winked. "Ill call him after my next class".

"You should call him now, babe. No time like the present. He could find someone else by the time you 'get' to class."

"Uggghhhh. fiiinneeee. Ill call him now. you happy 'Mom'. " Mia groaned walking out of Adira's bedroom.

"You'll do great sweetie!" Adira yelled after her in a motherly voice as she bundled up her laptop charger and found a place for it in her bag.
Adira was getting ready to go to her internship with Dr. Bloom. She's a 3rd year psych major and this year she's getting intern/training credits by being Dr. Blooms assistant. It wasnt difficult. For the most part she just scheduled appointments and occasionally help create/organise study groups or give tours to new students. When she wasnt doing any of that Dr. Bloom would encourage her to spend her spare time in the office studying or doing homework. Not that Adira needed to be encouraged, she was more than happy to spend every available second preparing for the next test or quiz. One of the things that brought Mia and Adira together was that they both always strive to be the best in their class.