Chapter IV - Ceraphin

Nnghh...the ligghtt.. Is this it? Am I finally dying? Wait...no, that wouldn't work. I'm immortal.

My eyes eventually opened, and I sat up. My head was still faintly throbbing, but my headache from earlier had—overall—subsided. I...guess I could say that I felt "better." That didn't mean that I wasn't still upset, though. I paused for a moment, then slowly turned my head.

...Hyacinth was standing there. She looked...shocked, if anything. How long had she been in here for? Not to mention she looked like she was practically freezing to death...yeah, she's definitely cold as fuck. Obviously, Ceraphin; she's holding her arms, and shivering for Wisteria's sake!

I sighed heavily, and gently grabbed both of her arms. She started to say something, but I had already pulled her onto my bed. "...Huh?" She seemed confused, and it took her a moment to process what had just happened. Now, she was sitting on my lap, facing me. "...What are you doing—" She started, as I cut her off.

"Warming you up." I told her. I mean...I was telling her the truth. She's human. She isn't like me; she can't withstand the violently freezing temperatures here like it's nothing. That's something she'll eventually have to get used to...or adapt to, if possible.

Maybe I can work some magick on her to make the cold here have less of an effect on her? I wouldn't want her to be freezing 24/7, even if it means that I can have moments like this. I wouldn't do that to her...that's wrong, and fucked up. Either way, I do want to know why she came all this way. That, and I want to know if she snooped around my room.

"Hyacinth." She seemed a little bit frightened when I said her full name...I'm sorry, sweetheart. I didn't mean to scare you like that. My voice softened, and I spoke again. "Why are you in my room?" I asked her. She seemed to think for a moment, eyes wide.

She blinked—like a deer in headlights—at me, before speaking. "I...uhm.." She mumbled, "I.. I wanted t-to.. t-thank you for...f-fixing m-me breakfast, a-and...I.. u-uhm.." Stuttering...poor baby. I held her close, gently pushing her face into my chest, my hand on the back of her head. I lifted up the covers from beneath me, and laid down, still holding them. I placed the covers over both of us.

I could feel her relax quite a lot, once I did that. "Let me guess...you noticed that I randomly disappeared, and not only did you want to thank me for making you breakfast, but you also wanted to see if I was okay. Is that right?" I asked her, my voice as gentle as I could make it out to be. "Mhm..." The quiet, mumbled reply came from her. "That's what I thought." I said, chuckling softly. She's so sweet...moments like this are exactly why I love her.

She always does such loving, considerate things like this. Checking up on me, making sure I've gotten something to eat, doing her best to cheer me up...this kind of behavior with her had never wavered, for as long as I had known her. I hope that won't change in this life...Oh! Right...I wanted to ask her if she had snooped around my room. I should do that now...

"Hey...Hyacinth?" She moved her head to look up at me when I said that. "Mhm?.. What is it?.." She asked. I could see that her face was flushed red. Cute. "Say...did you snoop around my room, by any chance?" I asked.

I could see the panic in her eyes when I had asked that question. "Well? Did you snoop around my room, or not?" I asked again. "U-Uhm...n-no sir—" Her eyes widened when she realized what she had said, and mine widened when I heard her say that. "Mmmmm..." She seemed embarrassed, now. "I—" Before I could say anything, she buried her face in my chest, whimpering.