Cha. 006

Breath control, footwork, stance, and posture!

He reminded himself, twisting the sword in his hand, moving his wrist and flickering fluidly as he cut through the bamboos of the forest, sliding each so perfectly, moving his body with the wind while being in control.

His eyes were as sharp as his movements, clouded with determination yet his breathing was calm and tranquil, almost as if he was having a normal day stroll.

"Goodness, can we just go home now?" Nie Huasiang complained from where he stood at the side, back pressed on a tree while he sluggishly fanned himself.

Wang Yibo abruptly paused his movements at the words and straightened his posture. He cast his gaze at his whining best friend.

Huasiang pushed himself off the tree and approached his friend. "You've already learned the moves, how about we go home, yes?" He suggested with a wide smile and Wang Yibo nodded without protest, bending to pick his bamboo hat from the grass and placing it on top of his head.

The walk back to their home was an uneventful one as they sauntered side by side, soon stepping into the street.

"We are leaving in a few days, one of us will be chosen to work in the palace beside the emperor," Huasiang began in a hushed tone.

Wang Yibo nodded without a word.

"Stick to the plan," Huasiang reminded and Wang Yibo nodded again and they finally walked into the front gate of Red jade, their gaze instantly ducking on the little crowd forming a circle, their attention cemented on what was at the center.

Huasiang and Wang Yibo approached them, pushing to the front to find a basket of white blossoms. They shared a confused glance at each other, noticing the tiny box and note attached.

"Who's this for?" Huasiang grilled, staring at the others, expecting an answer but he received none. "Who brought this?" He asked again and they shrugged.

"It was here when we woke up," Wang Zhuocheng answered. His hand stretched to pick up the note but Huasiang was faster as he slapped the hand away and snatched the note. Zhuocheng grimaced while Huasiang struck out his tongue childishly.

"It could be for me. Among all of you, I have the biggest fan of admirers," He boosted, unfolding the note and eyeing the neat handwriting. "For my beloved, Wang Yibo," He read out loud and everyone gasped, gazes instantly flickering to the person mentioned questioningly. Wang Yibo maintained a straight face and Huasiang nudge his rib, a silly grin on his lips. "Ay, seems like little Wang Yibo has finally grown up, he now has an admirer. Tell me, did you meet her at the festival at the palace because you went missing," He teased, expecting some reaction but Wang Yibo's expression remained frozen. Huasiang sighed and picked up the gift box, unwrapped it, and gasped at the content and in an instant, everyone was around him, trying to get a peek of the content. Huasiang pulled out a green-white, shiny jade bracelet.

"A jade bracelet. Whoever this admirer has good taste," Zhuocheng tsked.

Huasiang frowned, looking at Wang Yibo. "A bracelet? Isn't this too feminine for a gift? You are a man, what are you going to do with a bracelet? Who is she?"

Wang Yibo rolled his eyes and turned, heading toward the direction of his bedroom with Huasiang and the other trailing at his back, trying to fish out information.

"Come on, Wang Yibo. Don't be so shy," Huasiang teased. "We just wish to know our sister-in-law,"

While Wang Yibo hated teasing or being teased, Huasiang was an expert in the act and pushed Wang Yibo's buttons any chance he got. "I didn't meet anyone at the festival," Came the uninterested reply. Well, he did meet someone. He thought, thinking back to the unknown man, and felt a slight itch on his ear, he fought the urge to rub it. "You can keep the bracelet. Sell it, I don't care,"