Cha. 009

He wasn't intending to stare like a fish out of water, but he was suddenly unable to take his eyes off the scene in front of him.

The Emperor was standing in front of him, just wearing his boots and breeches, with his upper body on display to Wang Yibo's curiosity.

Wang Yibo took his time to feed his eyes as they traveled the Emperor's bear back, which was covered in black ink with a design of a dragon. Wang Yibo was intrigued and didn't look away until the Emperor became aware of his presence and reeled, at which point their gazes connected.

Xiao Zhan grinned as Wang Yibo's eyes widened and he veered aside, turning his back on the Emperor.

He sensed his cheeks flaming and his heart pounding in his chest. Suddenly, his palms began to sweat and his throat became dry; Wang Yibo wished to go but was fixed in place until he felt hot breaths fanning his neck from behind and the person behind him cleared his throat. Wang Yibo thought his heart stopped for a split second before summoning the guts to elevate his leg just in time as he stumbled on his clumsy foot.

He gasped, his eyes tightly clenched, waiting for the contact of the floor, but all he felt was a set of arms wrapping his waist from behind and being dragged back to a hard chest.

Wang Yibo immediately opened his eyes when his back pressed on something hard and his bottom landed on the Emperor's crotch. He felt paralyzed as the Emperor breathed against his neck and made no attempt to withdraw his arms from Wang Yibo's midsection.

"You're so warm," The Emperor's voice rang in his head and he realized the Emperor was rather icy.

What was he doing? What was he doing?

The question repeated over and over again in his head especially when he felt something poke his bottom. Wang Yibo's eyes nearly pull from his sockets and he was forcefully tearing himself from the Emperor's arms and sprinted out of the chambers.

Xiao Zhan chuckled at the reaction. "Cute,"

*~*

Wang Yibo flashed water on his face continuously, uncaring of the whispers of the servants around him as he drenched himself with water from the Palace fountain.

Wang Yibo was losing it as he dipped his head into the fountain and stayed underwater, perhaps that would stop the blood from rushing speedily to his head. Wang Yibo held his breath underwater for more than a minute before he was pulling his head out, panting heavily.

He placed his hand on his chest to find it still beating fast and rapidly. Was there something wrong with him, how could he feel that way about the Emperor who was a man?

A man!

Wang Yibo was feeling things for a man! That wasn't normal. He wasn't normal!

One of the servants approached him. "Are you feeling all right, the Emperor is asking for you,"

"No!" Wang Yibo answered quickly and he was sprinting away from the servants. He wouldn't go to see the King, he didn't want his heart to rip out of his chest. Whatever it was that was wrong with him, he needed to find a cure and he needed to find it fast or he would run out of his mind.

*~*

The night sky.  A vast, endless, and unknown universe beyond the human eye.  Wang Yibo was fascinated by the sight of the starry night and slivery moon in its fullest shining down on him.

He looked away and looked at his surroundings again while on the rooftop of the palace, he believed no one could find him there, and up there, he could see almost the entire empire, they were tiny before his eyes but his moment was short-lived when a hand suddenly fell on his shoulder and his head snapped up to find a pair of dark eyes staring down at him.  Wang Yibo bolted to his feet and saluted.

"Your majesty,"

Xiao Zhan fought the urge to reach out and caress Wang Yibo's hair and sat on the rooftop instead, tapping the space beside him which Wang Yibo stared with uncertainty and suspicion. He didn't know he wanted to stay close to the emperor, he didn't like the way his body and heart reacted whenever he was near.

"Are you planning on running away again?" The emperor asked without looking up and Wang Yibo felt caught and he slowly placed himself down beside him and instantly, Xiao Zhan was looking at him, locking their gaze that froze Wang Yibo in his place.

Wang Yibo cursed his fate. Why couldn't he look away from those magnetic eyes that seemed to shined in the dark? Why wouldn't his heart stop beating so loudly? Realizing he was looking at the Emperor in the eyes, Wang Yibo began averting his gaze but a finger found its way under his chin and his eyes were meeting the Emperor again who had averted his gaze to Wang Yibo's lips.

What was going on?

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you. I can't afford to not have you in my sight again, so don't run away from me,"

Running away was an understatement to what Wang Yibo felt because he didn't just want to run away, he wished to disappear, get swallowed by something whenever this person was near. The Emperor did things to him, things he didn't understand and couldn't explain.

Xiao Zhan lovingly trailed his finger on Wang Yibo's plump lips, grinning as Wang Yibo twitched under his touches. "You've gotten so pretty, I can barely keep my hands to myself,"

What was he saying? Wang Yibo was panicking. How could the emperor say that without batting an eye? How could he say that to a fellow man in such a loving and desire-filled tone? It wasn't normal and Wang Yibo didn't want any part of this. It was disgusting!

He looked away and Xiao Zhan's hand slowly fell from his face with disappointment in his eyes. He cracked a sad smile and got up.

"Come inside soon, the night is rather cold,"

And with that, he was gone, leaving Wang Yibo sitting there with thoughts he didn't want to have and didn't know why he was having them.

Was the Emperor queer?

To be continued...!