Cha. 007

Wang Yibo wasn't apprehensive when he trudged into the palace for the second time, however, with a distinct rationale.

It wasn't a festivity and he wasn't there with his goofy companions while his intent was precise in his head.

Arriving at the foyer of the emperor's great hall, Childe Wang Yibo was putting on a rubicund tang suit, a kind of Chinese-style jacket with buttons at the front while his legs were covered with a pair of black boots.

The moment he sauntered in, murmurs broke through the minsters standing at both sides of the great hall, watching him with umpiring and revolted eyes, uttering to their selves how he was the greatest omission their emperor had ever made.

They pointed at his unusually short hair and shook their heads in disfavor, already cognizant of his background and prestige but Wang Yibo didn't care as his gaze was fixed ahead where the emperor crouched calmly on his golden seat.

His face was desolated and his eyes were frigid and he finally ceased at the front of the emperor, clothed elegantly in the darkest robes. If he was stunned at the familiar face that stared back at him, he didn't demonstrate it or he didn't recognize him or perhaps, he didn't care.

The emperor was young, probably a few years older than him. His features were sharp and he was good-looking, however, his lengthy black hair and black attire were gothic and it harmonized with the undecipherable glitter in his eyes.

He found himself staring into those enticing eyes without looking away and the emperor did the same but somehow sparkled with amusement and somewhat joy as if finding something he had lost.

Nonetheless, their contact was infringed on as a minister cleared his throat and attained the attention of everyone. "Your majesty, I still think this a terrible idea. How could a slave work beside the emperor? It's unbelievable!" He clamored and the others ministers raved in agreement.

Slave? Wang Yibo didn't recoil at the word and he didn't flinch at the more derogatory words that were hurled at him. He didn't care.

"That's a discriminatory word to call a person Minster Feng," The emperor enunciated, and Wang Yibo was struck with a familiar voice that once gave him direction, and finally, his qualms were ascertained. The person he had met on that festival night was the emperor, the son of the man that made him an orphan, foray into his home, and made him a slave.

"That's exactly what he is your majesty, a slave," The minster continued while glaring at Wang Yibo as if he had massacred his family in cold blood when it was the other way round. He wouldn't be standing in front of them if their late emperor had the tiniest bit of sensitivity in him. "Everyone is aware of how the four clans betrayed our empire and forced an alliance with our greatest enemies, death wasn't enough punishment!" The words left his lips bitterly, almost spatting at Wang Yibo's feet as if he was the most abominable creature to waddle the surface of the earth. "It's unwise to have such person with unknown objectives to stand by you as your waiting man and I believe everyone agrees with me, " he asserted and the ministers roared in approval.

The young emperor didn't look away from Wang Yibo as if waiting for his reaction but didn't get anything. A smirk tugged at his lips. A challenge? That was something new. "I want him," He voiced and the minsters gasped, clearly failing to notice the ambiguity in his words.

"Your Majesty!"

The emperor held up his palm, putting a halt to the minister's words. "I want him and I chose him to be mine and my words are finally," He verbalized and left no room for augmentation and the ministers kept their dislike and distaste to themselves. "He shall take the oath that bids him to me, the throne, and the empire. Going against any of these would result in his head being served on a silver platter,"

The finality in the emperor's words was as clear as the day.

Wang Yibo got on his knees before the emperor and bestowed. He saluted and sow his alliance and royalty to the Emperor, The Throne, and the Empire, however, those words meant nothing to him and for some reason, he could tell the Emperor knew the exact words he would have said if he was given the opportunity and that somewhat unnerved him.

He didn't like the way the young Emperor gawked at him as If he was a piece of meat on his plate and he couldn't wait to devour him whole and Wang Yibo didn't know why the thought brought a sense of excitement to his guts. He abhorred that feeling!

*~*

The torturous event passed and Wang Yibo was given his chamber in the Emperor's quarter, a few doors away from the emperor's chambers itself while the emperor escorted himself.

"Do you like your chamber?" The emperor questioned, however, he wasn't looking at Wang Yibo's face, his dark and intense gaze were scanning him over, almost undressing him with his eyes and Wang Yibo nearly shifted uncomfortably.

Why did the emperor keep looking at him like that? It was unsettling and Wang Yibo detested it.

He cleared his throat to gain his attention and he succeed when the Emperor's attention drafted to his face and Wang Yibo was welcomed with a flash of lust that did not last and was replaced with fondness that he didn't know where it came from.

"Do you like it?" He rehearsed and Wang Yibo nearly pushed up an eyebrow. Why did the Emperor care if he liked his new chambers or what? Why did the Emperor escort him to his room when he had better things to do with his time? Why was the Emperor giving him so much attention in just a few minutes that Wang Yibo had never had in his little years of life?

He nodded and the Emperor beamed before stepping closer and Wang Yibo realized how he was shorter and felt even smaller under his intense gaze. "It's nice to meet you again,"

The fondness in his tone was not erroneous and something told Wang Yibo that the Emperor wasn't talking about their meeting at the festival.

"Your short hair looks good on you," He reached out for Wang Yibo's short hair but he moved away and the Emperor's hand paused midway. He smiled and dropped his hand. "I'm being too straightforward. I will let you adapt. Welcome to your new home,"

With that, the Emperor swiftly turned and sauntered out of his chambers with his hands held behind him, leaving Wang Yibo with confusion clouding in his mind as he tried to comprehend what just happened.

But one thing was for sure, he was going to get more than he bargained for whether he liked it or it, destiny was destiny and there was no way he would hide, run or escape from it. It would hit him hard and he would fall deeper.

To be continued...!

*~*

I kkow I know I haven't updated for a very long time. I'm deeply sorry. I've been so occupied with so many things lately. I hope you guys can exercise a bit of patience with me and I promise you, no book of mine will be left incompleted.

Anyway, before you proceed, I would love to inform you that Xiao Zhan is going to have an antagonist character here.

Thanks for your time.

Happy Reading!