Nothing left to lose

Belle heard banging on the front door and growled as she heard Tobias yelling her name. Repeatedly.

"WHAT!?!" Belle yelled as she slammed open the door.

Her sun-covered nightgown was a little bit crooked on the right sleeve and her hair was a total mess. But as soon as she did, she immediately saw the differences in the castle and the horror in her little brother's eyes.

"What happened?"

♡♡♡

Tobias lead his older sister, Varian, Runniger, and Hugo to the throne room after explaining what happened.

"So Sage is possessed?" Varian asked him, outside of the throne room.

"Pretty much but I believe that she allowed it to take control over her" Tobias said as he ran his hands though his light brown hair.

"But how-" Belle started before a moon rock almost impaled her unless Hugo didn't pull her out of the way.

"Well, Well, Well. Look what the bat drugged in" Dark-dream said as she walked over to the group.

"Sage?" Hugo asked once he saw her.

She looked at him and smiled.

"Well, your actually very good looking. No wonder why my "nice roommate" loves you so much" she said as she gently ran her fingers across his chin and chest.

"I told you! Sage must be in there somewhere!" Tobias said as Dark-dream gave him a dirty look.

"You. Star boy. Shut it. Sage is under my complete control now and soon I'll have complete control of the heavens above! And soon everybody will love me as much as little miss sunlight over here!" Dark-dream said, motioning to Belle.

"What?" She asked as she realized for the first time that her sister was being highly underappreciated.

"Sage, you don't have to do this. I know that you are angry about this but you have to stop" Varian told her before she started walking away from him.

He followed with Runniger and Tobias not far behind him.

"Sage, your angry. I get it. Believe me, I know what it's like. But you are making a mistake" Varian told her, making Belle question her husband.

Varian- The path of hate is a dangerous track, you take one step and it's hard to turn back. It pulls you along, and though it seems wrong it feels right. Don't you see that your on leaves a permanent mark, it feels good at first but it slowly turns dark. With each passing day you're further astray from the light, suddenly you lose your way and lose the thread, lose your cool then lose your head, Every loss is harder to excuse. Then you'll see you'll lose your faith and lose your soul, till you lose complete control. And realize you have nothing left to lose, nothing left to lose.

Dark-dream's eyes started turning into Sage's eyes as she thought about her brother-in-law's words.

"Sage, trust me! Becoming the villain isn't the answer!" Varian told her.

"Is that what you think I am?" She asked, her eyes returned to their former state.

Dark-dream- the path I'm on is a path paved in black, I'm taking that road and I'm not looking back. Each twist and each turn leads straight where I'm yearning to go, Yes it's true my path is dark but I see where it ends, my rivals will fall as my power ascends. Despise me that's fine, I'm taking What's mine even so. Not like you. You lost your nerve, you lost the game. But you and I are not the same, I'm not lost, this fate was mine to choose. So I chose to lose my doubts and lose my chains, lose each weakness that remains. Not that I have nothing left to lose, nothing left to lose.

Dark-dream was about to destroy a painting of her and her sister before Varian stopped her.

Varian- you have so much to hold on to.

Dark-dream- I only want my rightful dues.

Varian- listen please! You lost your grip and lost your mind (i'm not gonna lose) all's not lost, don't be so blind (I refuse) cut your losses, drop the IOUS (I refuse!) Oh-oh, Choose!

Dark-dream- I lose no tears and lose no sleep, what I want I'll take and keep (it's time for you to choose)

Both- you can stop the turning of the screws.

A moon rock cage formed around him, runniger, and Tobias.

"You'll stay in that cage until this is done. And just in case you think of escaping" Dark-dream said before making the cage go high up in the darkened sky and above the castle.

She snapped her fingers and the painting burned with light purple and light blue flames. She smiled before walking to her throne.

Dark-dream- Now I have nothing left to lose.

As she sat down the whole castle seemed to glow with her appearance. Belle quietly gasped and tears welled up in her eyes as she looked at Hugo. He was in total shock from the woman's actions.

"I have to talk to her" he said confidently.

"What?!?" Belle whisper-yelled at her brother-in-law.