Summer Happines

"Summers here!!!" I exclaimed as I swung Annabel around in my arms. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Marshall S. Mundy, I'm dating a lovely girl named Annabel Rogers, she had helped me get through all the bad things that happened this year.

"Oh, Marshall," Annabel said, "you're so crazy." I laughed,
"I think crazy is a bit of an understatement," I said, "now slap-happy on the other hand." We both just laughed and fell to the ground.
"I actually don't know why I'm so excited for summer after all that's happened this year," I said.
"You're probably just glad that you can get out of school and try to avoid the past," Annabel said trying to keep me in a good mood.
"True," I said, "well at least I have my grandpa, so this should be a great summer."
"I'm just glad you have him because his death seemed to be bringing you down a bit," Annabel said.
"It was?" I said very confused, "I knew his death had changed me, but I didn't think it was bringing me down."

We finally got to the Rogers house, I fell in the grass.
"Boy, I sure do love summer," I said relieved to be home.
"Isn't your birthday in the summer, Marshall?" Annabel asked.
"Yeah," I said, "I don't know what to do for my birthday though." I started to try and think of things to do for my birthday, but I couldn't think of anything.
"You'll think of something," Annabel said as she lied down next to me in the grass, "it'll be the greatest birthday party you'll ever have."
"I say that every time," I said, "but heck birthdays are always lots of fun so what do I got to lose." We laid in the grass for awhile until we smelled something good coming from inside the house, we then went inside to see what smelled so good.

Hello readers, I am writing this book as a follow up to A Black Sun in which this time it's summer vacation. I hope you readers will enjoy this new story I'm writing and thank you for the support.

The Author