A Trip Down Memory Lane

It had been a while since I had been to my grandpa's house, so I thought I'd take a look around after I'd finished unpacking. I was amazed at how nice the house still looked despite how long Grandpa Edward "hadn't" been here. The living room was clean for once and the kitchen was ready for whatever we could throw at it. Upstairs was all the bedrooms and downstairs was the storage and laundry room.
"I remember how many good memories I made in this house," I said to myself.
"I do also, Marsh," Grandpa Edward said as he entered the room.

Grandpa then sat down in his favorite rocking chair and began doing the sudoku in the newspaper.  I never really understood sudoku. I then made my way into the dining room where there was a deck of cards on the table.
"I always did love playing cards with Grandpa," I thought to myself.
"You used to play cards with your grandpa, Marshall," Annabel said as she walked into the room.
"Yeah," I replied, "but it's not as fun as it was since my grandma died." I began to think about Grandma Victoria and I started to cry. "She was always fun to play cards with," I said through my tears.

After I calmed down with a little help from Annabel, I made my way back into the kitchen where I was flooded with memories.
"I remember when I help make dinner with Grandma Victoria," I thought to myself.
"Taking a trip down memory lane, Marshall," I heard Mrs. Rogers say as she walked into the kitchen.
"Yeah," I replied, "it's getting harder on me too."

I finally finished touring the house and I smelled something good.
"Dinner," I said and I ran into the kitchen.

Hello my readers. So I've been having a really big writing spike and I keep coming up with ideas for this story. That's why these chapters are coming out so quickly. Anyways you guys are the best.

The Author