Chapter 5

Albus Dumbledore was sitting in his chair at Hogwarts's Headmaster's office. The headmaster was thinking, which was not unusual for someone as brilliant as his mind was. He was always thinking, and planning. What was unusual was the frown on his face and the fact that he was not eating his favourite sweet, Sherbet Lemon. Which lay in a bowl on his table.

His eyes were unfocused, and he was thinking about the new situation that had presented itself to him. He was subconsciously stroking Fawkes, his phoenix and the most faithful companion, while pondering over the problem.

Albus was thinking about how the latest session of Wizengamot had completed. It had left him in complete shock, along with many purebloods in the wizarding world of Britain.

Furthermore, the arrival of Harry Potter, and his decision to claim the Potter family seat, was a shock. As it had been a long time since anyone had done so at such a young age.

The next shock was when the new Potter Lord broke all the old alliances that his family had made. A move that Albus thought Charles Potter would have liked if he were still alive.

Albus was in politics since a long time now and could easily understand and also agree with the reasoning that the new Potter Lord gave. Only Remus Lupin came to ask him about Harry Potter's well-being and requested to meet him a few times. But he was unable to approve it because he didn't want Harry to know about the harsh truth of the cruelty that he was thrown into.

Albus wanted Harry to grow up with love and peace, while living with his aunt and uncle. He believed that they would be able to explain to Harry about the death of his parents in a way that he would understand.

But from Hagrid, he had learned that Petunia and Vernon weren't exactly the people he had thought they were. And also Harry was a very shy, humble and polite boy, which wasn't a bad thing. But the thing that concerned Albus was that he was not informed of anything about his parents, magic or Hogwarts.

Albus thought he would ask about it when Harry comes to Hogwarts, but those plans have gone down the drain.

It came as a surprise to everyone that Harry Potter had also claimed the seat of the Peverell Family. Since it had long been thought that the Peverell Family was extinct and also no one in the Potter Family had ever claimed this seat before. This suggests that Harry's mother, Lilly Evans-Potter, was not exactly a muggle-born, but was instead a descendant of one of the Peverell brothers.

After he had studied the files that Harry had given to the Wizengamot. He found that the Potters discovered that they were descendants of the third Peverell brother. And also Lily was also a descendant from an affair that the first brother had before he died. That made Harry direct in line for the heirship of a Family that was long thought lost.

A further shock was then delivered, this time by Amelia Bones, the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, when she demanded a trial for Sirius Black.

Albus was very disappointed in the man. He would have never thought that Sirius would betray the Potters, but it was the truth, as he himself had cast Fidelius charm and made Sirius the secret keeper.

Since the Minister position was vacant, the whole authority rested with the Head of DLME and himself, so he had the right to give anyone a trial. Of course, the trial proceeded, but Albus had no doubt that Sirius would be found guilty. Yet again, another assumption failed when Sirius was found to be innocent.

From the questioning, he came to realize that his charm had failed. This was particularly distressing for him, since he was rarely wrong when casting spells, and even less so because of the wand. Then he frowned because he can't understand what was special in his wand, it was just a regular wand.