Chapter 6

A/N: I am sorry for the late update but there are a lot of festivals right now and also my studies are really hard right now so I am not able to write much these days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry and Hermione both arrived at King's Cross together. Yesterday, when Harry visited the Grangers, it was decided that they would both just floo to the platform instead of going through the traffic of London in the morning. Of course, they decided to say goodbye at the Manor because the Grangers wouldn't be able to go on the platform. While Sirius was going to see them off, Remus sat with the Grangers' for tea and shared his first experience with them.

Sirius applied a feather-light charm to their trunks; even Harry's was already charmed, but Sirius didn't know that. They both found a compartment for them and boarded the Hogwarts Express while waving to a crying Sirius, who couldn't stop his tears and still couldn't believe that his little Prongslet was going to Hogwarts already. Harry just rolled his eyes over his dramatic man-child of a godfather.

Hermione's excitement was easily visible. She had a big smile on her face, her eyes gleaming with excitement and a little nervousness, which was a lot less than what it was the last time, and Harry was glad for that.

They were both talking about different classes and everything when there was a knock on their compartment. Both of them turned to see a shy, chubby, round-faced, blond-haired boy who had knocked on their compartment. Harry recognised his friend easily and smiled, seeing his future best friend, brother in all but blood, Neville Longbottom. "Sorry to disturb you guys, but can I sit here with you?" he asked in a shy voice. "If you don't mind," he added quickly.

Harry winced internally, remembering how Neville lacked confidence in him. He vowed to be a better friend to Neville.

"Yes, of course," Hermione answered with a smile, while Harry nodded.

"My name is Neville Longbottom," the boy introduced himself once he took the seat opposite Harry and Hermione.

"I am Hermione Granger," Hermione introduced herself while smiling at the nervous boy.

"I am Harry Potter," Harry introduced himself, and as expected, Neville's eyes went wide.

"Forgive me, Lord Potter; I didn't recognise you," said Neville. Harry was impressed that Neville didn't stutter; he knew that he had been trained well by his grandmother in politics. "If I am bothering you, I can leave the compartment."

Harry knew that it was maybe due to the recent breaking of the alliance or just because of Neville's poor self-confidence that he wanted to leave. But Harry didn't want Neville to leave. He was going to befriend him earlier this time. He was his most loyal friend in the future, and he wanted to have his friend again by his side.

"No at all heir Longbottom, you are not bothering me or my companion. Please be our guest." He said with a smile before continuing, "And please call me Harry, and we can drop these politics. I am sure we can discuss this in the future and be allies again, as we were for centuries. But for now, I would like to have a friend." He extended his hand to shake.

Neville's eyes went wide. He knew what had happened on the day Lady Bones became the new Minister, how all the old alliances were broken by the House of Potter. All the losses in business were one thing, but losing a powerful ally like the Potter Family was a very big loss. His grandmother had told him how Harry Potter had been left on the doorstep of his muggle family. And he was very upset about this, so he had broken all the old alliances.

And after Harry also claimed the seat of the Peverell Family, he was one of the most influential figures in wizarding Britain. Here was Harry Potter again, offering him the hand of friendship and possible alliance in the future. Who was he to refuse?