Chapter 20 - Senri's Erased Memories ~Final Chapter~

Chapter 20 Senri’s Erased Memories

~~~

~Ichijo’s POV~

“Sakura Cross? The one in the Day class?” I whispered. Rima nodded, terrified. Why was she so scared? I didn’t bother questioning her, and went over to Shiki. “Talk to me, Shiki.”

“There’s this girl… who’s really small. I’m actually the same age as her. Rido… stole her away and locked her in a cellar. Her name is Tsubaki, and she has mahogany hair like mine. There’s another man too, with mahogany hair. We’re not in my house. It’s somewhere else. And - and I helped her escape the house… but we’re now in the forest, ouch my neck!” His hand went straight to his neck, even though there was no way he could’ve been cut.

“Listen Shiki, I want you to go back to sleep for now. I’ll come back in a few hours time. Come on Rima, let’s get you back in bed.”

~

Shiki calmed down when I returned at ten o’clock. “Takuma, can you check if I have anything on my neck?” He pulled back the hair covering his neck whilst I checked. 

“There’s a scar, and it’s quite big. It goes across your neck, like a necklace.”

Shiki went silent. Then he struggled in pain, clutching his head again. I gulped, waiting for him to speak. “I’m going home, right now! I need to talk to that mother of mine!” he finally said.

“Wait, Shiki, it’s dangerous! Rido-sama might still be outside!” I warned. But he didn’t listen and stormed out of the room into the sunlight. I watched as he squinted - the morning sun was bright and blinding. “Shiki, won’t you listen to me?”

“No, I won’t. Pack a bag for me, Takuma. First I need to go see Sakura Cross.”

~Sakura’s POV~

I woke up after sleeping in the corridor of the Sun Dormitory. I could hear commotion going on outside, and went to go have a look.

“Ah, Sakura!” Kumiko shouted, running up to me. “Where were you? You know what, the Night Class are vampires!! It’s so freaky!”

What? How did Kumiko know? “O-oh really? Is that so?”

“Yep! If my mum knew about this, I would be sent home straight away! It’s so scary… to think that they actually exist!”

“Where’s Kaori? Does she know?”

“I don’t know. You dad is conducting this information thing. I haven’t the slightest idea why, or what it is. Look over there,” she said, pointing towards the main academy. There was a long queue leading up to a desk where the Headmaster and Yagari-sensei were.

“Let’s go check it out,” I suggested. I wanted to know what was happening. We walked briskly towards them, and Kaori found us, looking rather dazed.

“Kumiko? What’s going on? I can’t remember anything that happened last night! You should go see the Headmaster, he did some kind of trick on me.”

“The Night Class-”

“Sakura!”

My head turned around and was facing Senri Shiki. My eyes widened. I swallowed and cleared my throat. His head was covered in blood, and I only just managed to stop myself transforming. “Y-yes?”

“I need to talk to you in private. Now would be a good time.”

Kaori and Kumiko looked at me, smiling. Then they skipped off towards the queue. “O-okay.”