Chapter 14 - Holiday

Senri Shiki - My Forbidden Vampire Knight

Chapter 14 Holiday

~~~

"Really?"

"Yes. But the thing is... most of the dream is blotted out with black stains. Someone has tampered with it. But there's one thing I certainly know... Your childhood... is connected with me. And someone in the Night Class but it's not certain."

"With you?" What did Zero mean?

"I think it was like our parents were friends or something. Then when mine died... you left somewhere. I personally don't remember you and you probably don't remember me either but as I said, someone had tampered with my dream. It could've been fake."

I thought hard. Who could've done something to his dream? Suddenly and overwhelming pain came across my head. I howled in pain but it didn't help, at all. A couple of minutes later, I had fresh memories in my mind.

"Zero." My tone had completely transformed. "What is your relationship with Shizuka Hio?"

"What?"

"You heard me. Shizuka Hio. Don't make me repeat myself again."

"She..."

The pain came again.

"She killed you parents!" I shrieked. His eyes had widened. I immediately clamped my hand over my mouth.

He shook his head. "It's fine... I know. Yours were killed as well."

"Really?" I whispered.

"By the same person who killed Yuki's parents. It's all very vague, but-"

Suddenly I saw a glimpse of Yuki. "Quick, hide!" I whispered, pulling Zero behind the tree. But he somehow was leaning on my chest and our noses touched. My heart began racing but I couldn't do anything but let Yuki walk past. When she was out of sight I jerked away from Zero. He looked pretty flustered, just like me.

"I should go," I said quickly. "Let's talk tomorrow, I want to get some rest."

"Of course. Sorry for dragging you out so late. Are you staying in the academy for the holidays?"

"Maybe. My aunt wants me to visit her. Well I think she's my aunt, she sent me a card when I was in hospital."

He nodded, starting to walk away.

"T-thanks, Zero, for telling me," I said with a small voice. He carried on walking in to the distance, not turning around.

~

I got back to the dorm just when Yuki returned. I was going quite slowly anyway, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

"Hey, Sakura, do you know where Zero went?" she asked.

"Erm... no, sorry."

"It's all right. I heard from the headmaster that you're going to your 'aunt's' house for the holidays. Is that true?"

"Yes, but I'm not sure if she's telling the truth though. I'll just accept the offer and hope everything turns out okay..."

"No, you can't be so reckless! They could be anyone!"

I averted my gaze to the floor. "But she showed me a picture. And I think she resembles me a little."

"That doesn't mean anything! There could be hundreds of people in this world who look like you! Look, do what you like but I don't like what's happening." She stormed out the room, leaving me in tears.