Chapter 8 - The Meeting with a Level E

Senri Shiki - My Forbidden Vampire Knight

Chapter 8 - The Meeting with a Level E

~~~

“Kaori, hurry up and find your contact lenses! Let’s hurry up and go to town!” I called to Kaori, who was searching through all her drawers and coat pockets.

“Where did I put them?!” She threw her hands up in frustration. “I can’t see anything without them!”

I walked over to her, and picked up a small box under her bed. Inside, surprise surprise, lived two contact lenses, waiting to be used. “Kaori? Do you want them or not?”

She looked at me and smiled, thanking me. She quickly inserted them, and clapped her hands. We linked arms and went out of the dormitory, and into town. We went past many, many shops, but one that really sparked my interest was a pink shop with clouds on the windows. We went in, and Kaori found a really cute necklace with a cupcake charm. There were two left, so she quickly bought both.

“One for me, one for you!” she exclaimed, giving me the second one. We helped each other put it on, and skipped out of the shop together. I could’ve sworn I saw Yuki prowling about, but according to Kaori, I was seeing things. At least she didn’t think I was going mad… We went past a gothic shop, and I forced Kaori to go in with me. The clothes were so cool… I was a serious lace lover, especially if it was black. With the money I had received from my parents, I decided to buy a neck choker with lace at the top, middle and bottom.

“Do you want to go back now?” Kaori asked.

“Well, there’s nothing else to do, right?”

We slowly made our way back to the dormitory, but just round the last turn, Kaori ran off somewhere, and no matter where I looked, I couldn’t find her. By that time, I was well and truly lost. I had no idea where I was - it was a deserted alleyway. A stray cat ran past me, making me jump. My nerves had gone hyper. I was shaking… I could feel someone’s presence nearby. And it wasn’t a nice feeling.

Suddenly, I heard a horrible voice. It was a cackling sound that split my ears. I screamed, without an idea of what to do. Then I saw it. There was a man on the roof of a building, laughing.

“Come on little girl, come get me!” His voice sounded filtered, there were two sounds coming from his mouth.

“Who are you?” I managed. My throat had gone dry and I was getting cold. It was almost dusk, and the temperature was dropping significantly. 

“You’ve no need to know! Just let me catch you so I can drink your delicious blood!”

I screamed, turning back to the main road. But the person, if I could even call him that, stopped me. He showed me a set of fangs. A vampire…

“Get away from me!” I shrieked, feeling weak. What could I do? He was pushing me to the wall of a building. I was trapped, his grasp was so strong. No matter now much I struggled, I couldn’t escape. Suddenly, Takuma and Senri came into my view. It was too late - his fangs had already sank into my neck. I screamed even louder, the pain splitting my head. Before I knew it, I was on Senri’s back and Takuma had killed the vampire.

“Why did you kill him?” I whispered. I couldn’t believe I was on Senri’s back.

“He’s a Level E. Even if you don’t kill him, he won’t turn back into a normal human.”

“Level E?” Why was that name familiar? 

“Yes. Now, let’s go back to the dorm, okay?”

I nodded, before Takuma joined us.

“It’s Sakura, isn’t it?” he asked. I said a mere ‘yes’. “Well I want you to come to my party tonight.”

“Party?”

“Don’t worry. It’s my birthday. Come alone.”

We reached the school gates, and Senri let me down. I didn’t want to get off, but what else could I do?

“Thank you for saving me today. I’m very grateful,” I said, bowing. Senri winked at me, making my heart flutter. My breath was held up in my lungs, leaving me panting when he had left. I sniffed before running back to the dorm, to see Kaori and Kumiko talking. I didn’t walk in - I listened.

“You lost her? Wow, that must’ve been hard,” Kumiko said.

“Yeah, it was! There was a scary looking man and I didn’t like him, so I left her. She couldn’t catch up with me anyway - she’s not athletic enough!” Kaori replied. So she had seen the Level E too?

“Yep, she’s like a snail when she runs!”

“What’s this? Look, she drew a picture of her and Senri-senpai kissing!”

“What really? Ha, like that would ever happen!”

I barged in, with a very angry face.

“How could you? That’s so mean, talking about me behind my back!”

“Sakura-”

“No! Don’t say anymore! I can’t believe you two would ever do that. My best friends!”

And with that, I ran off. Not sure where to, but running was my best option. I decided to go to the Headmaster’s office, and see what he could do. I could move back into my old room… I didn’t want to see either of them ever again. They had found the picture I drew… even though they knew I liked him, they had to make fun of me. I arrived at the office and knocked.

“Ah, Sakura! What’s wrong?” he said cheerfully.

“C-can I move back into my old room?”

He stayed silent for a bit.

“Why so suddenly? Did something happen?”

“I guess… just… can I move back in or not?”

“I’m afraid not. You see… a teacher is currently living in there.”

“Who?” I ran to my old room, to see a man with black hair and one of his eyes patched up. Who was this? I didn’t recognise him or anything!

“Who are you?” he asked.

“I’m Sakura Cross, who lives in this room!” I replied. What was happening? What had happened to my shy self? I immediately blushed.

“Nah, you can’t. Cos I live here now.”

“What’s your name?”

“Toga Yagari. If it helps, you’re welcome to stay here too - please just ignore me.”

“I can’t do that!” I stormed back out and made straight for the main doors. Once outside, I felt so much better. It was already quite late, and I hadn’t eaten dinner. But I went to the Moon dormitory anyway, curious. Senri would be there… so would Aidou and Kain, and Kaname, Takuma, Rima, Ruka, and probably some others. I wasn’t wearing anything nice - just my uniform. Takuma was waiting at the gates for some reason. He smiled as I approached him.

“Welcome Sakura. Thank you for joining me tonight.”

“T-that’s okay,” I replied, my shy self coming back. I followed him into the Moon dormitory, and sat down at a chair. I was beginning to feel queasy… there was quite a lot of people around me. Suddenly, the door opened again, and Yuki and Zero came in. I stood up immediately and ran up the stairs, hoping they wouldn’t see me. I made straight for the room I had thought of and there Senri sat.

~~~

Omo! This is like de-ja-vu.... oooo! She's seeing her thoughts again! Sorry for not uploading in a while, I was thinking of what to write. Luckily, I connected the Level E stuff to one of the earlier chapters, so it turned out okay. Vote, comment, fan if you really like it!

Picture of Sakura at the side - Rinmarugames.com is the best website! Check it out ^_~