×Two×

Darkness...
"What?- Reece?" Zur called out unable to see through the thick emptiness that surrounded him.
"Zur Opaka.. Reaper 566." Called a booming voice that shook the very ground as lights flashed on sucking the darkness out of every corner of the room.
"You've broken code 32 of the reaper association handbook. Quote, 'those who bear the scythe shall not step fourth upon the stairs of the heavens' end quote." Came another voice.
Even with the light illuminating the space Zur couldn't tell where these booming voices where coming from.
"My soul was afraid- I saw it unfit to leave them alone." Zur responded
"It's is not your duty to see what is unfit!" The first voice mocked. "You're duty is what?!"
Zur shuddered. "To transport the souls to their respective destinations at the openings of heaven or hell."
"So you know...hmph" scolded the second voice.
There was a pause but the hisses of whispers loomed about echoing off of the walls.
"Zur Opaka, what do you plead to breaking code 32 of the RAH?"
Zur had no option. His gut turned in on itself. What would become of him. Then he remembered his own words.
Why try to be anything else...?
Chaotic-
Blood thirsty demons-
....
Devils-!
He raised his head "Guilty!"
The lights suddenly snuffed out leaving him in darkness once more he felt as though the soul he did not posses was being ripped from his very bones.
Then suddenly...
Peace

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

"Uhm.. hello?" Came a soft voice from beyond Zur's closed eyes. He slowly opened them to see a boy standing over him.
"You okay?"
Zur sat up slowly and rubbed his head confused. He rubbed his eyes and looked around, he was on earth. But he was actually there. A mortal was talking to him but not as a soul, this one was living.
"Yea...yea I'm okay but. Where am i?" Zur asked managing to stand up.
"68 west rover lane." The boy said backing up a little "you feel asleep at the bus stop."
"Bus stop?" Zur looked around when he noticed a bright yellow bus stopped just 50 feet away picking up a few kids.
"I'm Rayn." The boy said holding out his hand, which Zur shook.
"Zur Opaka Rea-" He stopped. He was so used to addressing himself as a reaper but he wasn't anymore was he? Seeing as he was alive.
"Are you sure you're okay? You look pale-" Rayn said
"I'm fine- just tired." Zur responded picking up what he assumed was his backpack. All of the sensations he had never felt before overestimated his new senses making him feel nauseous.
Rayn smiled "you must be new here. I'll make sure you get were you need to go okay just stick with me." Zur nodded and proceeded to get on the bus with his new friend sitting down and waiting to see where the destination was.
Rayn tapped his leg "you said your name was Zur right?"
"Yea...why did you forget?"
Rayn chuckled.
"No just making sure my class roster says you're in all of my classes." He said showing him a lengthy list of names larger than any list Zur had ever had.
He nodded and looked out the window. Thinking to himself.
He broke the reaper code and the higher ups sent him to the dimension of the living? Why? Why not turn him into bone meal? A lot of new emotions sprung from deep within him.
Confusion,
Anger,
Happiness?
Whatever the reason Zur would find out why they made this choice. After all most reapers only dreamed of becoming living, but as punishment? It made no sense.
The bus ride was long and quiet, groans came from the back of the bus when they arrived at a fairly large building with 'Ryke City High School' plastered to the front.
High-school.
The time in a humans life that some decide to give up and others start their adult lives. Zur had many souls he'd gathered from here so he was familiar.
He stood up and gathered his bag Stepping off of the bus taking a deep breath when he shuddered. All he smelt was teenage angst.