×Three×

"Zur?" Rayn said tugging on his sleeve gently.
"Hm?" Zur responded not quiet caught up with everything going on. His mind was racing and his chest tightened with anxiety.
"It's okay- I was new at one point too. Just follow me and I'll get you sorted." Rayn smiled reassuringly and started walking into the double doors. Once they opened everything got a lot louder. Zur followed behind him quietly looking around at the new scene shocked, but mostly queasy. There were couples making out, bullies being bullies, lockers being slammed shut. It was all too much. It felt as if Zur was walking slower than time and everyone else around him were moving faster than light. He felt himself go pale, and then he was brought down to earth again by a soft hand folding itself in his own. He looked down to see Rayn with a worried look on his face.
"It's Ok Zur... breathe"
Zur took a deep breath in and let it out slowly managing to calm down enough to break an awkward smile at Rayn who delivered one back, except, his was perfect. The moment was burnt down when Rayn was pulled by his bag by a taller boy who obviously had anger issues.
"Hey faggot you tryna fuck the new guy now?" The boy said with a grin nodding at his friend's who all laughed with him. Rayn shook his head
"No Tex he's new and I'm just trying to help." The boy now known as Tex looked at Zur and smirked letting go of Rayn's bag trotting over with such confidence he could've shared it with half of the school.
"What's your name?" He asked
Zur didn't responded he stood still watching Tex walk around him.
"I said what's your name, dick!-" Tex's hand swung towards the back of Zurs head, buy with a swift motion Zur ducked grabbed the boys hand and send a jab into his elbow. A loud snap told everyone around the arm was broken was wasn't going to be fixed with a cast alone. Tex began to cry, the Confidence falling down like the tears on his face. Rayn stared shocked at Zur unable to hold back his smile. Zur however stooped down to Tex's level.
"If you touch that boy again. It won't be your arm I break. It'll be your neck. Got it?"
Tex wailed and backed away quickly nodding and stumbling over his words
"O-o-of course i-i-i promis-s-se!"
Zur stood up grabbed Rayn's hand interlocking their fingers together and they began walking to class, silently the whole way. Neither of then thought anything needed to be said anyway.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Zur thought things would calm down once they got into the classroom, but he was very wrong. The people already in class were loud and hyper. Surprisingly since it was about 7:00 am. Zur found a spot to sit and Rayn happily sat next to him. Zur couldn't help but to look at him, there was something about this boy, but what was it?
Rayn looked up and caught Zur's gaze making them both turn red. Zur looked away and down at his desk, his heart felt strange, like nothing he's ever felt before.
The teacher walked in telling everyone to find their seats so he could begin the lesson. It was a simply lecture, mathematic formulas. It was easy for Zur, Rayn however, appeared to be struggling. The teacher, Mr. Dawn, wasn't slowing down. Notes going up then coming down with a quick swipe of a hand. Zur leaned over and whispered to Rayn an easy way to remember the formulas and showed the notes he had managed to write down. Rayn smiled and rubbed his neck.
"Thank you, math isn't my strongest subject"
"Why are we talking? If you wanna be on my good side 'Zur' talking during lectures isn't how you do it.." Mr. Dawn said.
"If you'd slow down and let everyone catch up I wouldn't have to talk." Zur fired back.
The class went quiet for about thirty second.
"Don't tell me how to teach young man." The teacher spat.
"Then don't tell us how to learn when you fail to teach." Zur glared.
Mr. Dawn huffed and turned back to the board writing more non sense on the board and muttering the rest of the lesson.
Rayn smiled at Zur,  and Zur felt his face burn once again.