Chapter 18

It took Eddie a lot of stroking her hair to calm Chrissy down after that phone call. Long enough for Wayne to come back inside from smoking his cigarette and grumble something about meeting up with a pal in town. Sometimes, Eddie forgets how easy his uncle makes his life.

Chrissy starts to apologize once again for the trouble. The more she does this, the more his hatred toward Jason - and now to her parents - builds up. Not like he could really do anything about it...What he can do, though, or at least try, is make Chrissy feel better with a kiss.

It still feels unreal that he can do that. Kiss her. He'd do it all day. Especially when she meets him halfway, her hands flat on his chest, the tip of her nose dipping in his cheek. Somehow those gentle pecks feel more intimate than the heartless make out he's used to.

Although, after this morning's rollercoaster of emotion, he wouldn't mind making out right now. Slip his tongue inside her mouth, allow himself to feel her butt, pin her against the wall and make her squirm under him.

He wants her. Badly. Yet he doesn't know if he can. He's not used to...whatever this is. He'd dreamt of it, of someone looking at him the way Chrissy does, of his heart feeling so full just by being close to them, but he'd never realized that this would come with the gut-wrenching fear of screwing it up!

*

Chrissy can't take her mind off the fact that she hasn't brushed her teeth. It's stupid- so stupid! She wants to deepen the kiss, to fuse a little more with Eddie, but that thought won't let her. When she pulls away, there's something in Eddie's eyes that makes her lower belly twitch- but she hasn't brushed her teeth! Not to mention she's been wearing her clothes for over a day!

To her relief, he offers her breakfast. They babble about the book he was reading to her last night and by the time they finish eating, while Eddie smokes his cigarette, she finds the courage to ask if she can take a shower and borrow some clothes.

If he jokes about the bathroom not having seen a girl in too long, he looks uneasy as he hands her a pair of sweats and a t-shirt. There's something so endearing in the way he blushes around her. She likes it when his confident and careless shell cracks and she can peek at his true self. She likes to think very few people get to see that.

The bathroom looks indeed like no woman has set foot in it for a while. Although it's not as bad as she expected. Mr Munson must be to thank for that. She ties her hair in a bun high on her head and smiles as she hears the volume of the radio going up on Madona. But as funny as she imagines Eddie's face must be - he's got to be whining about it - it feels her with that warmth she's starting to associate with him and the way he takes care of her. It's quite addicting.

After a quick wash in the narrow shower, she pours some toothpaste on her finger and brushes it on her teeth before dressing up. She wishes she had some fresh underwear, deodorant, makeup...At the same time, there's something exhilarating about the idea of just wearing Eddie's clothes over day-old panties.

He rushes inside the bathroom after her, his cheeks pink - apparently he likes this idea just as much - and Chrissy allows herself back in his bedroom. Sitting on the bed, she plays with the hems of her t-shirt. Eddie's t-shirt. Her eyes wanders toward the nightstand, heat flushes her face and she quickly looks away. She finds the bottle of nail polish where she left it yesterday and because she needs to busy her mind, she takes it and starts painting her nails in black.

Her mother would have a stroke seeing her like that. Even more if she knew what is on her daughter's mind now that Eddie stands in the doorway, lips parted, face flushed. Although she feels less and less guilty about not being the perfect daughter. She'd even say she's starting to enjoy it...!

*

Eddie can't take his eyes off of Chrissy, sitting on her heels, engulfed in his clothes with her hair tied up in a messy bun. This shouldn't look so sexy - no curves, not much skin showing - but, damn, it is!

He clenches and unclenches his fists as he walks toward the bed and sits next to her. She lifts her hands up to expose her freshly painted nails.

"You like it?"

"Yeah! Very metal!"

She giggles. That sets it. Eddie turns to face her, slips his other hand on her cheek and pulls her into a kiss, mouth open, a little more eager than he wished he'd be. She lets out a surprised moan but before he can second guess his move, she's wrapping her arms around his neck and parting her lips.

*

Chrissy almost doesn't recognize herself, or at least the rush of need that takes over her and makes her tongue poke out and reach for Eddie's. She tilts her head, searching for the best angle for their little dance, pulling him closer. His lips are delicious, his tongue minty - he must have hoped for this as much as she did and brushed his teeth thoroughly because she can't taste any hint of his last cigarette.

The thought doesn't linger for long, replaced by a haze of warmth and tingles as the kiss grows more passionate. Eddie's hand on her neck is holding her close, fingers digging slightly in her flesh, making her wish they were somewhere else on her body.

They only part when out of breath, falling into each other's eyes. Eddie brushes his thumb on her bottom lip, collecting the wetness of their exchange. She lets out a shuddery breath when he tugs gently at her lip. She wants to take it in her mouth. Heat flushes her face. Her groin too.

She lets herself fall back on the bed without letting go of Eddie's neck who follows with barely any struggle. She shifts her legs into a more comfortable position while Eddie's mouth comes crashing down on hers, his hair falling all over her face. She pulls him closer until his chest presses on her breast. Even with the layers of clothes, the contact awakes something deep inside her.

This is bad. All these thoughts, all this need. So bad...but she doesn't have time to waste being a good girl. She doesn't even want to be. She likes her new self. The one that plays teasingly with Eddie's tongue and tugs at his hair. She's ruining her nails, but it's worth it because he moans and that sound makes her whole body quiver.

*

Eddie wants to keep kissing Chrissy all day. Do more than just kissing actually. He wasn't expecting her to be so forthcoming, although he's not complaining. The way she clings at his neck, pulls at his hair and the audacious moves of her tongue could make him lose his restraints.

Until now, his mind has been firing up with ideas of places he could put his tongue and what to expect if he'd sneaked under her - his - t-shirt. But his bottom lip is starting to throb and his whole right side is burning from the strain his current position is putting on it. And if the pain wasn't enough to dim his arousal, it makes him think about Carver and that is a definite mood killer.

With great reluctance, he lets go of Chrissy's mouth and briefly rests his forehead on hers.

"I'm sorry, Chris, I can't..."

He feels her arms getting limp on his neck and deception flashes on her face - if not hurt. He sits up in a grunt, catching one of her wrists as her hands slips down his chest. He clasps his other hand on his side.

"Shit- I'm sorry," he mumbles before pressing a kiss on her knuckles. "Bad position..."

He sees the blood draining off her face as she realizes what he means. When she shifts and sits up at too much of a distance to his taste, he squeezes her hand. He hates that she still blames herself for his beat-up. He wishes Vecna would come after Carver and get rid of him. It might not solve Chrissy's guilt issues, but he would damn sure make him feel better!