Hopless romantic friends

During quarantine I had a best friend. At school we were super close. I would live for my last class with her where we sat next to each other and watched the Simpsons on my phone. It was always my favorite part of the day. She would sit so close to me that her perfume smelled so strong and I would almost fall asleep super relaxed next to her. It was amazing. Sometimes we would share earbuds and listen to music and fall asleep. Of course the class was a free period so we weren't missing out on any work. Everyone would always tease us that we were dating. Or my stupid friends would tell her I liked her. She would look at them with the straightest face and say, "Don't worry, I know you don't. We aren't dating. We are just best friends." I loved how she stood up for me but I had realized too late that my heart also hurt a bit that we were just best friends. I love being friends with her but sometimes I think maybe we could be more. I am so ugly though, there is no reason for her to like me. She is always talking about boys or people talking about her. She is beautiful no doubt. But to make matters worse (for me) she also has a very nice personality. She is honest to a fault, super talkative, and she seems to get along with everyone, also everyone knows her. I wouldn't call her nice because she has her moments where she can be a bit harsh. Although maybe that's what makes her so attractive. I also find her angry face or face of frustration so cute. She always seems to be smiling or laughing, she really brightens up a room. Although when she is upset she gets very quiet and her emotions easily show on her face. She blows up easily (but not often) and it's so refreshing I guess to see the other side of her that not a lot of people get to see. She is super funny and confident as well. She says stuff that is so outlandish but she sticks to her word and isn't ashamed when people prove her wrong or call her out. I really don't think she can easily get embarrassed. It would really take a hell of an event to make her embarrassed. We were freshmen in high school when COVID started. So we only had half of our first year of high school. I didn't see or hear from her for at least 3 months. I didn't want to reach out because what if I bug her. We had each other's phone numbers. If she really wanted to contact me, she would have already! We probably aren't even friends anymore. I kept telling myself. We didn't speak or see each other so how could we have kept the friendship going. I had gotten really sad and I felt trapped being at home for so long. Then I got a text message. From her! She texted me. It was a simple "Hey" but it made me so happy. I answered and we started a conversation that continued into another conversation and another to the next day and so on. We had texted all day every day for at least two years now. We also called each other almost every day. We talked about every little random thing on our minds. We played video games together or she would read while I watched something. It was kind of dumb but she or I would interupt the other and comment about something that just happened either in her book or my TV show. I always felt so comfortable and relaxed around her. She could easily get rid of any bad feeling I had. I loved staying up with her and hearing her voice. Or when she would send me the occasional picture of herself that was my absolute favorite. I remember one time when I was super mad after having a bad day at school I went straight to my room and I hugged my pillow imagining it was her. I cried into the pillow as if I was crying into her chest. I instantly calmed down, I got a bit concerned because of how fast I felt better. I love her so much and I miss her immensely.