02

As 3rd period came along Eden dreaded having to go. She had physical education this hour and all it consisted of was the boys playing some sport and the girls gawking over them. The coaches didn't even care about the girls, they were never included it was all about the boys. Something about "sports are guys things". So, Eden decided she would stop by her locker and grab a book, 'Christine by Stephen King' to be exact. Girls her age were into romance or drama if they even picked up a book, but Eden had always been much more interested in suspense.

Even though girls didn't necessarily have to do anything in this class they still had to dress out, which Eden found dumb. So, she changed in the locker room before heading out to the gym to take her place in the bleachers and read.  As she was walking she heard a whistle and of course, as whistling is distracting, she looked in the direction it came from. There she saw the curly headed mullet responsible for the whistle. Billy had winked at her and smiled, and the boys surrounding him danced and cheered like immature monkeys. Eden rolled her eyes and payed him no mind as she continued her walk to the bleachers.

Billy on the other hand caught himself looking at Eden's behind as she walked. Dirty thoughts clouding his brain before he was grabbed on his shoulder and the boys asked if he was ready to play some flag football. He of course got riled up with the boys, before breaking off when the coach blew his whistle. The coach chose two boys to pick teams, Steven Harrington being one and some kid named Austin to be the other. Within half a day Billy had learned Steve was the "king of Hawkins High", which of course he was going to do everything in his power to overthrow.

The teams were tied 14-14 near the end of the period, all the boys were hot and sweaty, some had even taken their shirts off. Of course all the girls were gossiping and losing their minds over them, however Eden couldn't be bothered. Billy caught himself looking at Eden multiple times through the game, wondering what book could possibly have her attention. To say he was bothered was an understatement, he was getting attention from every girl but the girl he wanted attention from. He likes the fire she had, not to mention she was a total babe in his book so that was a plus. The bell rang and Eden immediately started bee lining for the locker room, but Billy was hot on her heel. He'd snatched the book she'd been reading, glancing at the cover to try and figure out why she was so into it.

"Christine? Who even is this guy?" He asked referring to Stephen King.

"He's my favorite author. He writes horror and suspenseful books." Eden replied, trying to reach for her book but Billy wasn't done examining it.

"What's this even about? The title sounds kind of dumb?" He finally looked at her face and was taken aback by the sight of her.

"I don't know I haven't finished it, but I think it's about like a car that gets possessed by some crazy girls spirit or something. I'm just into cars, so cars and horror in a book? Pretty sick." Eden shrugged.

"That actually... no i don't get it. How does a car get possessed by a spirit?" Billy looked dumbfounded.

Eden smiled up at Billy, "it's fiction Billy, it's fake."

Hearing Eden laugh made Billy smile, she had a cute laugh. "Are you coming to Tina's party later?" He asked.

Eden had completely spaced that that was today, let alone it being Halloween. Her eyes widened and without another word to Billy she turned on her heel and sprinted into the locker room to change, Billy on the other hand stood there confused, still having Eden's book in hand. He shook his head and sighed, heading into the boys locker room to change himself. Once Eden had changed she rushed around the halls to try and find Steve and Nancy. She saw them leaning against lockers talking, and stomped up. Steve noticed his best friends odd behavior and didn't know if should have been worried or not.