24

Eden finally found a job after another week of searching. It was none of the three original jobs mentioned, instead she worked at the Family Video. A position had just come up when she was about to call it quits and deal with the sailor uniform at Scoops Ahoy.

Unfortunately, time was being taken up by working between Billy and her, and they were beginning to see each other less. Eden only worked 3 to 4 days out of the week, but Billy was almost every day. As long as the pool was open, the boy would be there.

It was one of Eden's off days, and hotter than hell itself outside. Even the AC inside of the Munson trailer was no help to battle the heat. Eddie swore up and down he was melting, but he would not take off his damn skinny jeans. Eden wore a cropped black tank top and baggy jean shorts that ended close to her mid thigh.

She was getting ready to go visit Billy, and for once actually take a swim once adult swim commenced. The only person who really even remotely saw her body was Billy. She was so self conscious, but there was no beating the heat. Eden's original plan was to go to scoops, but Steve had the afternoon shift and she wanted free ice cream.

It was a short drive to Hawkins Community Pool, and of course it was packed like always. As soon as she exited her car she heard the screams and laughter of obnoxious children. A pair of sunglasses were placed on the girls face to shield her eyes of the scorching sun. Karen Wheeler and her posse of cougars were sat in lawn chairs by the pools edge.

Billy had told her all about how the much older woman took pride in flirting with the newly turned 18 year old. She didn't take it lightly, now rubbing her relationship in a woman's face who was more than twice her age. Billy was scanning the area, a bored expression on his beautifully sculpted face. Eden was able to sneak up on the boy, but not before glancing toward Nancy Wheeler's mom, who stared at the lifeguard.

"Hey, handsome. You look lonely." Eden spoke rather loudly, trying to be heard over the splashing, chatter and screams that filled the atmosphere.

"Hey, Doll. Was wondering if you were gonna show up today." Billy shot her an award winning smile, revealing he'd been chewing gum.

"I was going to go to Scoops to get away from the heat, but Steve doesn't work until 2." She sighed, wiping sweat from her brow.

"Yeah, I'd rather you come see me than Harrington anyways." The boy now off the lifeguard tower stepped closer to the girl.

"I figured so." Eden giggled, a blush taking over her cheeks.

"You gonna swim today?" He pondered, noticing the bathing suit material underneath her tank top straps.

"Yeah, it's too hot to not." The girl bit her lip subconsciously, Billy suddenly gaining wild thoughts in his mind.

"Well, adult swim is in about 30 so you won't have to wait long." He kissed the girls forehead before telling her he had to get back to the tower.

Eden sighed, sad about losing her time with her boyfriend but she knew he'd be able to join in the adult swim. She decided she should probably try and get a tan on her pale complexion, seeing as she was probably the lightest person in the area. She scanned and spotted a chair right past the cougars and took it upon herself to give a snarky comment as she slid past.

"Morning Mrs. Wheeler. How are Nance and the others?" She asked as innocent as possible.

"Oh, they're good. Nancy and Mike haven't been home much." Karen shot her a smile.

"How sweet. I take it Mr. Wheeler is watching little Holly today while you have a girls day?"

"Y-yes he is." She shifted uncomfortably, her eyes flicking toward Billy.

"Well I'll let you get back to it, bye Mrs. Wheeler!" And as Eden sat on the own chair she looked back up to Billy to see him shaking his head with a smirk.

Eden finally reluctantly stripped of her clothing, leaving her in a red bikini. She laid on the chair, stomach down and began to enjoy her tan. The girl couldn't help but notice her boyfriend lower his sunglasses, almost as if he'd get a better look at the petite girl a few feet away.

Adult swim came quickly and Eden shivered as she dipped her body in the water. The water itself wasn't cold, the heat was just so unbearable it made the adjustment colder than needed. She dunked her head underwater, running her hands through her hair as she resurfaced.

"God you're gorgeous." Billy growled as he gripped her waist from behind.

"Billy! You scared me." Eden giggled as she relaxed in the boys arms, once realizing who it was.

"You drive me insane, Eden." The boy kissed the girls shoulder, snaking his hand around her inner thigh quite close to the girls private area.

"I don't even do anything." She laughed, pulling out of his grip and turning around so they were a few inches apart.

"You're just you." He sighed as his eyes flicked over her face.

"You're too kind." Eden blushed, leaning forward to peck his cheek.