20

"Rise and shine cupcake. We've got approximately 15 minutes to get out before my parents come home and we get lectured about sneaking you in. Again." Steve shook Eden, getting a groan in return.

"I feel like I got hit by a bus." She whispered as she squinted her eyes. This room was way too bright, "what the hell am I doing here."

"You know, I asked you the same thing last night." Steve placed his fists on his hips, exaggerating her words, "now let's go."

"Where are we going?" She yawned as she sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"Back to your place to get you new shoes and then we're going to see a movie." He smiled.

"I don't even get to change?" Eden sighed, looking at her clothes.

"Nope. You just get a jacket because it's cold and then we have to leave. Busy, busy day today." Steve spoke, he secretly just didn't want Eden to change out of his clothes.

"I-I've gotta call Billy and tell him I can't hang out today then. We've got plans." She spoke, standing up and throwing her hair into a ponytail.

"Ooo, i don't think those plans are happening anymore. You see, you kind of lost your cool and blew up on him because of.. insecurities? I don't know you made no sense last night." He explained.

"Fuck." She sighed and motioned for him to come on as she walked out of his room to get outside and to his car.

They quickly got to Eden's and she quickly ran in and put on some shoes and took off Steve's shirt before throwing one of her own on and grabbing a jacket as well. She didn't mind the sweats and boxers, they were actually quite comfortable. Steve honked his horn and she rolled her eyes before heading back out and hopping in the car. She had no clue what movie they were seeing, and honestly she didn't want to see one at all. Her head was pounding and her stomach was turning something fierce. Just as she thought she was going to be fine she had to quickly yell at Steve to pull over just down the street from Hawkins Cinema and empty the little contents that filled her stomach previously. Steve rubbed his best friends back and gave her a solemn look.

"Steve, as much as I want a best friend day I'm just not in the shape for one." Eden sighed as she got back in the car.

"It's okay, we can just head back to yours and I'll stay and watch over you." Steve gave her a quick smile before beginning the drive back to Eden's.

"Hey, what's that?" Eden asked pointing to a extremely large building being built.

"I don't know. I heard it's like a mall or something." Steve shrugged.

"Oh, cool."
_____

The two teens arrived back at the Munson trailer soon after leaving downtown. It appeared that no one was home which Eden was thankful for. She didn't want to deal with interactions with anybody for the rest of the day. Steve ordered her to go take a shower and brush her teeth while he looked for something that'd be easy to get down and eat. After she finished her shower she walked into her room to find some toast and chicken noodle soup waiting for her, her best friend shooting her a smile as well. She began to eat as her mind wandered, the room was filled with silence.

"Do you think Billy hates me?" She suddenly spoke up.

"I mean it'd be kind of extreme over one argument." Steve replied.

"Yeah, but like, i don't think he does insecure girls you know? I think I ruined it." Eden mumbled the last bit as she set the rest of her food to the side.

"I doubt it. He'd be stupid to let go of a girl like you." He shot her a soft smile.

"Maybe, I don't know." She shot him a tight lipped smile back.

"Try not to think too into it. Everything will work out." Steve reassured her. As much as he hated Billy, Steve knew he made the girl beyond happy.

"I'm tired, Stevie." Eden pouted before moving the remains of her food on her nightstand and shuffled over to lay down.

Meanwhile Billy was having it rough. After the two teens argument last night he went back into the party and got absolutely shitfaced. That next morning he woke up he had the worst hangover he's ever had and of course Neil wanted to be an extreme for the day. He had Billy clean the entire house for supposedly getting home way past curfew. Billy couldn't even remember how he got home last night, but once he saw his car on the lawn he put two and two together that he drove home.

Billy finally finished cleaning and was now sat in his room thinking of the argument with the girl he liked. He couldn't figure out how such a perfect girl in his eyes could be so insecure. Sure, she didn't have what some girls had but every girl is different. He also pondered on if he really let girls flirt with him as much as she claimed. Suddenly, the front door slammed shut and Billy let out a sigh. He hoped that meant his father was finally gone. After a few seconds and the sound of a car being started he decided he'd go to the phone and ring Eden. He felt like death so he didn't want to go to the extremes of going to her house.

After a few rings the phone was finally answered, "uh- M-Munson residence? Can I ask who's calling?"

This voice was nothing like the usual voices that picked up prior and Billy suddenly became filled with hot rage. "Who the hell is at my girls house?"

"Oh, Billy. It's um, it's Steve." The other voice spoke through the phone and Billy rolled his eyes.

"What the hell are you doing with my girl, Harrington?" Billy asked.

"Um.. I came over and she mentioned having a hangover so I just stayed for a bit to make sure she had some help. I was actually about to head out, she fell asleep." Steve lied, he wasn't really sure why.

"Okay. How's she doin?" Billy decided to put his pride to the side, being genuinely worried about the girl.

"She's alright. She doesn't remember anything from last night so uh, when you get the chance she'd like for you to refresh her memory."

"Alright. Get the hell out of her house, Harrington. But uh- thank you." Billy cringed at his words.

"Yeah, no problem Billy."