09

It's was finally Monday and Eden dreaded having to go to school and face Billy. It's safe to say they didn't go on their little roller skating outing. Billy had just drove them both back to Eden's place and took his car and left without many words being exchanged. Eden knew she completely ruined their friendship because of her crazy outburst. She'd never shown that side of her to literally anyone. She knew Billy's dad beat him now too, she was beyond overwhelmed from the weekend. The November air continued to grow colder and colder so sweaters were now Eden's entire personality. Today she wore a pink turtle neck sweater, however it was pretty light weight so she paired it with a jean jacket. She also wore some straight legged jeans and her boots again. She sighed as she pulled into the schools parking lot, immediately spotting Billy's car.

Billy heard the roar of Eden's engine and adverted his gaze from the young women in front of him over to the car. He watched as she pulled in and sat there, hands over face for a moment. Through her windshield, once she brought her hands away from her face he could tell she was tired. Her hair was nicely placed and she had put on a face of makeup, but she was tired. He excused himself from the girls and placed his hands in his pockets as he walked toward Eden's car. Eden spotted Billy and quickly fixed her hair in her rear view mirror before grabbing her bag and stepping out of her vehicle.

"How ya doin', doll?" Billy asked as a small smile made its way to his face.

"I'm fine. How're you?" Eden asked, concern evident in her voice.

"Better than ever, sweetheart."

"Are we going to talk about this weekend?" She asked as Billy placed an arm around her shoulders, the two walking together.

"I don't know Eden, are we going to talk about this weekend?" Billy asked in a low voice, nodding at people who said hi as Eden gave people small waves who said hi to her. The two had fake smiles placed on their faces so people wouldn't sense the tension between them.

"I guess not." She confirmed to which Billy nodded.

"You look good today." He complimented as if it was second nature to him.

"Thank you." Eden blushed. She also noticed Steve who looked... rough. "I'm gonna talk to Steve for a second. I'll see you in 1st period."

"Harrington? Are you serious?" Billy rolled his eyes.

"Yes he's my best friend." She glared and began to walk up to the broken hearted boy.

"What's up Steve?" She smiled as she approached him.

"Why am i getting daggers from your boyfriend?" Steve looked passed Eden, which made Eden look too. Sure enough Billy was glaring at Steve, hard.

"Not my boyfriend. Anyways, how are you?" She asked as she hadn't talked to him in a few days.

"Oh great. My girlfriend dumped me and now she's disappeared and people are telling me she disappeared with some guy." He rambled.

"Wow. Jonathan?" Was all she could get out.

"Yes, Jonathan. What does he have that I don't?" He exclaimed.

"No clue buddy. Do you know why she dumped you?" She asked.

"I guess I didn't care about Barb's death as much as I should've?" He sighed.

"Okay but she could have literally talked to you about that instead of dumping your ass." Eden shook her head.

"I know!" Steve shouted which earned some looks from surrounding students.

The rest of the day went by slowly, just the same old in every single class. Billy bullied Steve in 3rd period, hard. Eden almost assumed he was jealous but when asked he would deny. She had no clue about the altercation that went on in the locker room, Billy taunting about how Nancy ditched Steve for some freak. He also brought up how he was now trying to find comfort in his best friend and tried to say he had a sad crush on Eden. He'd also mentioned to stay away from her "or else". The threat didn't really scare Steve, he was just annoyed with Billy at this point.