10

The next day Eden noticed that Steve never showed up to school, which was unlike him. The lights had also been going back and forth with flickering on and off which was also weird. Eden assumed it was probably because a huge snow storm was going to come into Hawkins. School was a drag, she was just happy about seeing Billy. The two didn't get to talk much as winter break was approaching and teachers were seriously cracking down on 1st semester school work. Especially for Billy because he was a senior. Eddie again wasn't even trying to finish out school. He was too busy being a dork with his friends. Billy met up with Eden outside after school, it was extremely cold today for some reason so both of them were shivering.

"Hey uh, you got plans after school?" Billy asked.

"No. My only friend wasn't here today so." She shrugged and smiled up at the boy, her arms were wrapped around her body in attempt to keep her warm.

"Would you want to go on a date tonight?" Billy suddenly blurted.

"Oh um, yeah. That would be great." Eden grinned.

"Cool. I'll pick you up around 8 alright? Dress semi formal, doll." He winked before leaning down to place a gentle kiss on her forehead before jogging off to his car.

The rest of the day dragged on and Eden practically leaped out of her seat as the last bell rang. She only had about 3 and a half hours to get completely ready before Billy arrived at her house. She walked out to her car and there waved at Billy as he waited on Max. He shot her a small wave back to which she blew a kiss at. She hopped in her car and began her drive home. Once she peeled in the driveway she noticed her brothers car already outside of the house, along with her uncles. She got out and went inside waving to her uncle who was sat on the couch and she assumed Eddie was in his room on the opposite side of the trailer.

"Hey, what do you say we have an old Munson night tonight?" Her uncle asked, she immediately felt guilt poor into her.

"Oh unc... I'm sorry I've actually got a date tonight." She gave him a small smile.

"That's alright, soon then. Who's the lucky boy?" He smiled at the teenage girl, glad to find out she was getting back into the social world.

"His names Billy, Billy Hargrove." She blushed and her uncles eyes widened.

"Hargrove... as in Neil Hargrove? God he was a douche." Her uncle chuckled.

"Still is apparently." Eden rolled her eyes.

"This boy isn't like that, is he?" He interrogated.

"No. Not at all. He's sweet and kind and he makes me feel real good." She nodded with a smile on her face and her uncle believed her, telling her to have fun.

She finally went to the bathroom to take a shower and freshen up. Meanwhile Billy was getting ready for their date himself. He wore a red button up under his leather jacket and some jeans and his boots, wearing earrings when he normally doesn't. He sprayed cologne and hesitated looking at the bottle before sprinting some in his hand and putting his hand in his pants. Just seconds later Neil came into his room flipping out about Max's absence. His father flew at him and shoved him into the wall.

"What did we talk about?" When Neil didn't receive an answer he slapped Billy across the face. "What.. did we talk about." 

Billy hesitated, "respect.. and responsibility."

"That is right. Now, apologize to Susan." Neil held his finger in front of Billy's face. Billy paused for a moment.

"I'm sorry Susan." His voice came out small.

"It's okay Neil, really-" Susan was cut off.

"No! It's not okay. Nothing about his behavior is okay!" He paused, "but he's going to make up for it. He's gonna call whatever whore he's seeing.. and cancel the date. And then he's gonna go find his sister. Like the good, kind, respecting brother that he is. Ain't that right Billy?"