Feb 26th, 5:39 pm

Him | Her

"He-"

"Hi, stranger."

"Midnight?"

"The one and only."

"You're back."

"I am."

"And you called."

"Don't think too much of this, I called to tell you that I'm back. This is just an exception. Everything has one, you know. I still refuse to call you before I find just the perfect name for you."

"Hahahaha, yeah okay."

"So, did you miss me?

"God, yes! I've missed you so, so much."

"Awww really babieeee."

"Shut up."

"Hahahaha."

"So, how are you?"

"Fine."

"And..."

"And, what?"

"Did you- um you know what..."

"Did I get married?"

"Yeah."

"No."

"Oh, thank god."

"I did got engaged tho..."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"So, who is it?"

"A business associate's grandson."

"Right."

"Hmm."

"So, how's he? He treats you right, right?"

"I don't know."

"What? How could you not know?"

"Because I didn't get the chance to
meet him? Heck I don't even know what
the guy looks like."

"What! You're going to marry someone you've never even seen? What if he's unattractive or ugly, like really, really ugly?"

"Good thing I'm not married yet. The
wedding date hasn't been decided upon either. They'll be holding a ball sometime soon to announce that to all the other business associates. That's when I'll get to know when I am getting married too. I'm sure I'll get to see him then. Also I don't think the guy knows he's getting married, yet."

"Wow. What century are you people living in? The 13th?"

"Don't say that as if I've got a say in all of this drama around me."

"Yeah, right. You could've said no, no?"

"No. And stop getting so worked up over it."

"Oh please, you should've said no. Could've at least ask if you could meet the guy. You could've just told him the truth, about how you're being forced into this as a punishment for something you aren't even to be blamed for."

"That wouldn't have helped. Also, I thought about that night, like a-lot. Plenty of time to think when you're locked up in a hotel room for more than twenty days. Anyways, I suspect foul play, I think my dad knew what was happening. Could've been his plan all along too. Just so that he could have a reason to take me away. I should've suspected it the moment he picked my call, which is something he has never done. I've had a phone for six years and not once have I ever talked to him over it."

"You're just being a coward. And making excuses for your cowardice. Stop accusing people of things when they aren't going your way."

"I'm not."

"You are."

"You think all of this is so easy?"

"You're not even eighteen! How can you agree to getting engaged? That too, to someone you've never even set your eyes upon."

"We don't have choices here, stranger. But thanks for the vote of confidence. Oh and also for being such a d*ck."

"Midn-"

"Hahahaha. No wait. Easy right? I'll tell you what is easy. A father who loves nothing but money and women, is easy. Why? Because he pays for everything? Do you think it was easy seeing your mother leave you behind to raise another man's child? A stepmother that is bedridden? Raising her son who's only six years younger than you since you were barely eleven? Living in a mansion where a different woman warms my father's bed every night? All the while he has four permanent mistresses in the same house. Permanent because all four of them have carried his kid. At least once. He has a freaking harem. I have six half siblings and another one on the way. Do you think it's easy to go through this? Do you think it was easy for me when I found my best friend- hahahaha wait- who am I even talking to. You don't even deserve to know any of this. This us such bullsh*t."

"Sh*t, Midnight-"

"No. Stop. Just stop."

"No, listen-"

"No. This was a mistake. Clearly."

"Liste-"

"No. I should've never called you. For once in my life I felt like I had a friend. Someone I could talk to, someone I could count on. Someone who understood. But no. Thanks for making me see that I am and will be alone, forever. Thanks for making me realise that you're no different than the rest of them."

"I'm sor-"

"Goodbye."

...................

"Bloody hell! What did I just do!"

...................

"What have I done to deserve this much sh*t?"