March 5th, 5:40 pm

"How will I get out of this?"

"How will I convince the man to let me go?"

"Should I just run away?"

"No. I'm not a coward. I will not run away like one."

"What if I'm unable to get out of this?"

"What will our married life be like?"

"Can I trust him?"

"Is he a womaniser?"

"I hope not. I can't live a life like Mama does. I fail to understand why she would tolerate such shit from my father!"

"Will the man ever love me?"

"Will I be able to love him like I love him- No! AJ get your grip, what the hell are you thinking! You don't love him. You don't even know who he is. You're just fascinated by him because he's the only one who supports you."

........................

"Madam Walton!" The sharp knock and the shrill voice of the housekeeper broke her out of her trance. Shaking her head, straightening the nonexistent creases on her dress, she turned away from the window, towards the open door, gesturing the lady to enter the room, "Is father back?"

The lady nodded her head positively, picking up pieces of clothing strewed across the bedroom floor, "The Master has demanded your presence this evening, Madam Walton." She informed the young mistress.

"I'll see to it Orla, thank you." The young girl picked her phone up, just before she was interrupted by another knock on the door. "Can I have the absolute pleasure of escorting this pretty lady to the Grand Room tonight?"

"You're eleven Dan." The little boy plopped down on the bed, "And you're still very pretty."

"I'm your sister."

"Half-sister." He corrected.

Her nose wrinkled, "That's still half of the same DNA."

"Am I not allowed to compliment my own, very much pretty sister?"

"You are. But, if you think I'm going to set you up with Tracie just because of your flattery, you're wrong."

The boy placed a hand on his heart, "Oh! How much you wound me, dear sister."

"And how dramatic you are, dear brother." She moved across the room to ruffle the boy's hair.

The boy pulled a face at her, "Daddy is asking for you, are you not going to join him?"

"I will. In due time." She sank down on to the bed beside him.

"You haven't been to the west wing ever since you came back from Italy, Mama is very upset with you for not visiting her." The boy informed her.

"Orla, would you please excuse us." The girl locked the door carefully after the woman's exit. "I have something to show you, I found it in father's study. Don't tell anyone about this."

"Is that the man you'll be marrying?" The boy pointed to the picture of a man on the cover of the file his sister just pulled out of her locker.

"I hope I don't have to." She frowned, "Turn to the last page, Daniel."

The boy let out an audible gasp, "Isn't that Mama? My Mama?"

"It is." The girl smiled faintly. "And that man is the father of the man I am supposed to marry."

"Do you think Mama has something to do with this? Is that why you don't visit her anymore?"

"No Danny, I love Mama, she took care of me when my own mother walked out. I could never blame her. And I know she would never do anything that would hurt me." She looked at herself in the mirror.

"Mama is the reason your mother left, AJ. Daddy cheated on her with my Mama. Technically she did hurt you." The boy pointed out.

Another sharp knock interrupted the two, before she could answer her brother. "Madam Walton, The Master is waiting for you at the end of the grand staircase."

"Thank you, Orla." The girl held her hand forward for the boy, "Time to go, my prince."