Chapter 2: Meeting the Other Girls

In my dream I lost instantly and me and Percy stopped being friends. He hated me now and thought I was the worst best friend ever. I was crying the dream. All the staying girls were pointing and laughing at me. I woke up with a jolt and startled two random maids.

   I put on the dress, heels, makeup and jewelry. The carriage rides would start at 12pm so I had breakfast with the royals as usually. I walked out of my room and to the dining hall. There was way more chairs at the table. Probably due to the other girls.

"So how did you sleep sweetheart?" Sally asked me kindly.

"If I'm being honest I had a nightmare." I said.

"I'm sorry about that Annabeth. Those suck, but at least you have us. You can get any of use anytime alright?" Paul told me.

Estelle got out of her seat and hugged me to make me feel better. I made sure to hug her back.

"Feew better." She asked.

I nodded, smiling. "Much better thank you Stel."

Tyson smiled. "Good! We don't want you sad today!"

     I noted that she was wearing a pink dress with flowers on it as well. It had flowers on the torso to the top of the skirt and on the sleeves. Her shoes were sandles with the tips sparkling. And her hair was in a neat bun.

(Estelle's outfit)

(Estelle's outfit)

Percy nodded and looked at me with a worried expression but looked away when he saw me looking.

After breakfast I started walking to my room when I was stopped by Percy. I looked back and waited for him.

"What's wrong Seaweed Brain?"

"Nothing wrong with me, but I can't say the same for you. What was your nightmare? I hope it wasn't anything to do with the Selection." Percy said worriedly the expression back on his face.

"Don't worry about it Percy. It's nothing. Just a simple nightmare. Everyone has them."

"I'm gonna be worried, your my best friend Annabeth. I care about you." He said, holding my hands in his.

I blushed a little bit. "I promise it's fine. Now, why don't you go hang out with Grover until the carriages start." I suggested to him.

     He nodded and walked away. I sighed in relief. I didn't want Percy to blame himself for my nightmare because I knew he would. But I was excited to continue reading so I walked into my room. After a bit of reading there was a knock on my door.

"Come on in!" I shouted and Sally walked in.

"I'll fix your hair then walk you to your carriage alright?"

I nodded to Sally smiling. Putting my book down she got on the bed sitting behind me. She  took the bun out to start redoing it.

"Can you tell me about your nightmare please? It can help relieve the stress of it honey." Sally told me softly.