Chapter 4: "Relaxation" and... Elimination?!

We walked into the palace and I 'oooed' and 'ahhed'. The castle was so pretty. As soon as we got near the throne room I stopped.

"We bwoke into da castle oh no!" I panicked and the boy looked confused.

"But I wiv hewe? Oh! An I'm Percy." Percy said.

"Youw Pwince Percy?! I'm Anniebeph." I curtsied in my white nightgown.

He nodded and we walked into the throne room hand in hand. Once we got over he hugged his mom with a baby in her arms. She sighed, smiling.

"There you are Persus. I got worried." She smiled and glanced over and saw me. "And who might this Angel be?" She asked.

I curtsied. "I'm Anniebeph." I smiled.

"Well it's nice to meet you Annabeth. Where are your parents?" She asked and I frowned, starting to cry.

Percy hugged me and shook his head at his mom. "Shhh it's ok Anniebeph!"

"I- I wan away... my step-mom Hewen is weally mean to me..." I trailed off and she nodded.

"How about you live here Annabeth? As long as you want." She smiled and my eyes widened.

"Weally?!" And she nodded.

I hugged her and she laughed. "Can I hold pwince Tyson?"

    I woke up and Percy was still there, asleep as well. Looking out the window only made me see it was still dark out. Looking at the clock it read 4:02. Pretty early if you ask me. But I tried to shake Percy awake regardless but, he wouldn't budge. So I just gave up and put my head on his lap again and fell asleep once again.

"I care about you Annabeth. That doesn't mean I love you... I'm sorry but I pick... Drew Tanaka!" Percy shouted and everyone cheered as tears started streaming down my face.

"But- I thought- Percy? I  can't not love you though..." I whispered and everyone laughed at me.

Suddenly I was shaken awake.

"One I FELL ASLEEP IN YOUR BED," He whisper-shouted. "And two your crying." He whispered and wiped my tears with his thumbs.

"Just a bad dream and I know. I tried to wake you but you wouldn't budge so I just gave up." I replied.

He laughed sheepishly. "That's true. I am a deep sleeper. I'll leave you alone now. See you later Annabeth. Also today is just a chill day. You'll be just getting to know the others and it's an elimination round..."

I waved and he started walking away. Thank the gods today was a rest day because I need that 100%. But I was also probably gonna do some training as well. If I'm allowed to of course. I'd hope so because then I could let out all the pent up frustration.

-
      And~ I was getting my hair done with a manicure and pedicure. Clearly this was The Selection's idea of 'relaxation'. At least I had Thaila and Piper, the only friends I had in my group. They had split up into 3 groups of 5 girls each. Which my group was me, Thaila, Piper, Khione crystals, Sylvia Oceanus and Drew of course.

       My current outfit was a white long-sleeved shirt with a light blue skirt and white leggings. I was getting Harry Potter nails done for my fingernails and just gray and silver for my toenails. A simple thing for me. And I was getting what I assumed was a braid in my hair.

"Pst." I heard Thaila called so I looked over. "You don't like this either right? Because I freaking hate this."

I laughed. "Me too but we gotta suck it up. It was Estelle's idea. You know I care about her like my own little sister."