Chapter 5: Etiquette Class

I woke up smiling widely. My dream was about important parts of me and Percy's relationship. And it was also finishing my dream the night be we are. Which I find cool.

    I got dressed in a white one shoulder shirt with gray and white stripped shorts. It had white heels. God I hate heels. It was matched in a tiara and earrings. The only reason I was wearing a slightly more comfortable outfit was because it was requested.

    I'm not sure why but hey, I got to me more comfortable. All the girls walked out at the same time as me and we walked together. I just hoped it wasn't anything annoying today. We walked into the room and I sat next to Rachel and Hazel.

"How've you been?" I asked Rachel.

"I've been amazing! Every time we have a break I like to paint and everything, it's so much fun." She smiled.

I nodded. "That's awesome Rachel, having something you like to keep you sane here. You girls have any ideas of what today is?" I asked.

"Maybe etiquette class? I mean Madam Melissa Melks I think, is watching in the corner." Hazel said and everyone turned.

And she was right, the older lady was in fact there. I groaned. The last time I did etiquette class it sucked. Every time I did one thing wrong I'd get yelled at. Hopefully it'll be more fun this time around with other people.

She'd make sure to watch my every move every time I was there. Even if she was just passing by she'd make a comment when me and Percy were younger. The lady just hated me for some reason. And at some point she gave up on trying to make me get better at etiquette.

Only royals needed to do etiquette class. But she thought since I lived in the castle I might as well. She bothered Percy as well which made him dislike her as well. But she bothered me the most and Percy agreed.

"Annabeth." I heard someone call my name in a worried tone.

"Hm?" I asked, breaking out of a trance once again.

"Are you ok? You were spaced out glaring at Madam Melissa Melks." Hazel told me.

I laughed softly. "Sorry, just a bit tired." I lied.

I had to stop spacing out thinking about past moments. The girl just nodded.

"That's understandable. We did just was up." Rachel agreed.

"I hope it's not etiquette class! I hate that so gods dang much." Thaila whined and I laughed.

"Me too Thals. We'll endure it again together." I said, giving her a fist bump across the table and I heard a tsk.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, Annabeth Chase that is impolite." Melissa told me and I rolled my eyes but stopped.

She just shook her head and Sally stood up. "Today is etiquette class!" She smiled and some of the girls cheered.

    We walked to the classroom, yes it was in a classroom. We all had assigned desks. So of course I was right front and center for her to see. This lady just loved me so much. Notice the sarcasm? Me too.

"Ladies, we go by last names here. So don't expect anything less." She told our class and I bit my lip to fight the urge to roll my eyes "Now, Lady Chase would you please tell us the 8 rules of etiquette?"

I smiled and nodded, sitting up straight. "Miss Melks the eight rules of etiquette are Punctuality,   keeping your word, Being Gracious, Please and Thank you's, looking Adequate for the setting, No drinking to much alcohol, and eating elegantly." I said, smiling.

She scowled but nodded. "Thank you Lady Chase. Now can someone explain punctuality?"

Piper raised her hand. "Yes Lady McLean?"