Chapter 3- Surprise ball!

(This is gonna be a longggggg chapter. Kind of as an apology for putting it off so long 😅)

"Annabeth I love you!" Percy yelled to me from across the table.

"Um my name is Drew not Annabeth." Drew told Percy.

     I walked over to Percy's seat and was about to kiss him. But I hesitated. What if he was joking around? Then I woke up to Taraji and Katie shaking me awake.

"Morning." I said in a groggy voice.

"Good morning!" They said in unison and the same strained tone of voice.

That woke me up more. "What's wrong girls?" I asked, a bit worried about my friends.

"There's a ball today..." Katie said, trailing off.

"What?!" I yelled, instantly sitting up.

"Yeah, I think they want to see how you are with last minute kinda things." Taraji said.

"Well I guess that makes a bit of sense but it's still really annoying." I complained.

         They both laughed. I smiled too, these girls were amazing and so kind. They deserved better than this or at least a raise for Taraji if she truly liked being just a maid. But either way these two were amazing and I'm happy I got them as my maids.

"We've got two dresses for you today! One for breakfast and dance lessons." Katie said.

"Dance lessons?" I questioned a bit confused.

"I'm assuming you know the king and queen dance?" Taraji asked.

   I nodded blushing a little. When we were first learning it me and Percy would step on each other's feet on purpose. But then when we got a bit older we would pretend to kiss. It was fun even though it was really embarrassing. The memory was of me and my best friend so I didn't care.

"Alright so basically you'll be learning that for only 30 minutes after breakfast. So for you just practice I guess. Either way we have a dress for breakfast and the lessons then one for the actual ball." Taraji explained.

"Alright cool!" I smiled.

They put simple makeup on me and put my hair in a messy bun. Then they helped me into the beautiful and well sewn dress.

(The practice/breakfast dress the ball dress is up above like I said in my note last chapter <3)

"It's beautiful." I said breathlessly.

They both smiled. "Awe thanks! I had the idea and Taraji sew it!"

"Katie the idea was amazing though so you deserve credit." She smiled.

"Either way it's amazing." I complimented.

I walked up and out to the breakfast table. All eyes went on me and I looked confused while also blushing from embarrassment. Once everyone stopped looking at me I went over to my friends.