The Beginning

*Video playing* “Hi my name is Raelynn Jade Lancaster, I'm in my senior year at Salisbury High School in Salisbury, North Carolina. It's a little town where everyone knows everyone, well at least you think you know everyone. I've been a straight A student since elementary school. I live with my aunt and my older brother, Grayson Lancaster, and our dog Tripp. I have 3 days to make a final decision on what I'm going to do for my end of the year senior project. I haven't really decided what I'm going to do for my senior project. I have a couple ideas on what to do, like something about me. You know what, I think I decided on what to do. I'm going to do it on my best friend that has been missing for 3 years now on december 19th, and is presumed dead. Her name was Tessa Lennox. She was a kind, sweet girl and everybody loved  her. She had a boyfriend that I didn't approve of, but she didn't care, she was in love with him. We went to a party the night she went missing, kids in our school call them pachangas. She told me she was going outside to get fresh air because Tessa and I were the only non drunk ones, and everybody who was really drunk were being stupid. I noticed that it had been ten minutes since I last saw her. I went outside to check on her but she wasnt there so now I was starting to panic. I called her and thank god she answered and she said that she went home so I went to her house and she wasn't there. I called the cops and they came as soon as possible and I called her parents and my aunt. We were all really worried about the situation that is going on. Now the whole town went out looking for Tessa. Nobody found anything. I looked at her house cameras and the last person to see her was her boyfriend, Calihan. I knew something was up with him now I know. The cops interrogated everyone, her family, me, her boyfriend, and everyone that was at the party. Everyone that went to the party was fined a $500 fee because partying and drinking is illegal in this tiny town but that's a story for another time. All the evidence pointed to her boyfriend but 2 days after her going missing he went into the woods overdosed on some kind of pills, and shot himself in the stomach and head. I guess the first shot wasn't good enough. There wasn't a confession letter or anything so I guess that was a way of saying he did it.  I am doing this project on this topic because I want to know what really happened to my best friend and where she is today.” 

“I'm glad you finally figured out what you are going to do your project on but you can't go to her parents to ask any questions because it is still a sensitive topic and you can go to the police and ask for stuff about or on the case but if you don't get anywhere you can drop out or start another project but you may have to complete it in a shorter time frame because you already started one so you should be able to finish the other one quicker.” said Mrs. Patterson. “Okay I understand”. After school I went home and as soon as I got home Tripp our great dane greeted me at the door. I went straight to my room and emailed the chief of the police Mr. Knox about getting some evidence or case reports on Tessa. It's been 3 long boring days and Mr. Knox finally emailed me back and he said that he would send over some of the reports, recording “interviews” and some pictures of the evidence. Mr. Knox said that he couldn't send over the actual evidence because he didn't want to break protecall and he also didn't want me to accidentally break or destroy evidence because I was one of the people to be interviewed. I watched Tessa’s dad's, Mr. Lennox’s  interview six times. I don't know why but something seemed off.