Chapter 5

"Guys look at this." My voice came out high pitched and excited. I held the file up to Iago motioning for him to make it float. He rolled his eyes and the file floated.

"Ozz... interesting." Sherii came close and inspected the file.

"You're sure you don't recognize him?" Nick looked at me, his eyebrow raised.

"I have known every single person that came in and out of this lab since I was ten years old." I glared at him. I watched as Nick shrank back into himself muttering something I didn't understand. Rolling my eyes, I looked back at the file.

"Nick? When they take you for testing do you pass a room with a bunch of computers or electronics?" My head jolted up, staring straight at the boy.

"No.. yes. Maybe? I don't know." He messed with the flower growing out of his head. The petals were orange today. They change colors from time to time.

I nodded and looked towards Iago. He shook his head. Sherri then spoke up.

"I saw a laptop in the kitchen"

"Grab it next time we go out, I'm going to try and crack the keypad code." I didn't look away from the file as I spoke, simply just moving my hand.

"First of all, you're not the boss of us so stop acting like it; we know you've been here the longest but that doesn't mean anything! Second, do you even know how to work a freaking computer?! You don't even know what a trash bin is!"

Nick's voice exploded in the room. Iago attempted to cover his ears, but the long elven shapes got in the way. Mika's eyes widened and Sherri just rolled her eyes and walked over to Nick.

"Tsk tsk tsk, Nickolosi...," she sighed after saying his name. "You seem to have got the sickness called idiocy! Not one time did Lucia say she was the boss of us. She simply is just a little smarter than us. So she has the most ideas."

Mika spoke next. "Lucia can use a computer too." she crossed her arms and filled her cheeks with air. The room was quiet for a good 10 minutes, we just simply sat and stared at nothing. It was like a gust of cool air when Nick finally spoke.

"I'm sorry for hurting your ears Iago." It was a simple apology, but meaningful, so that was that.

"Can I try filling the lock with bugs this time?! So it doesn't lock." Sherri bounced on her heels excitedly.

"You don't have to ask my permission, do what you please" I winked at her and she squealed, turning to a crack in the wall, beginning to whisper. Mika should be taken out of the room next since there was no fruit for breakfast today. So when the door opened to reveal two guards motioning for Mika, we weren't worried. Sherri then flicked her wrist towards the door, and turned around as if she didn't care the door was wide open. The guards then shut the door behind them, tried to lock the door and from what I sensed, left. We still waited a good 10 minutes to be sure. Then I slung the door wide open.

"Meet back here once the generator turns off." I told the group in the lowest voice I could muster. They nodded and went their respective directions. I ran a different way than last time, looking for more doors that might have any indication of more intel on where we are. I turned a sharp left and hit my nose on something. I took a sharp breath inward, flexing my hands, making sharp claws appear. I saw a pale blue haired woman dressed in a long white jacket. I panicked and threw my leg into the air hoping to land my kick straight to her head. She ducked.

"Oh!" The woman exclaimed. She turned around fast, her ponytail hitting me in the face. That's when I saw it. The red pin. I drew in my claws and whispered. "Are you a safe one?" my words didn't make any sense but I haven't had an actual conversation with an adult for years. The woman's eyes lit up and she exclaimed,