-Chapter 14-

Anubis led us outside to something called a 'truck' and handed us new clothes. "The clothes you're wearing now don't look so great. Wear these." He handed me a black tank top, cargo pants and arm warmers. I walked over near some bushes and changed, taking my old bloodied jumpsuit with me. Ozz was wearing a green jacket and some brown jeans.

"I wasn't able to get some shoes. So you'll just have to be barefoot for now." Anubis pulled something out of his pocket and clicked a button. The truck then roared to life. I jumped and backed up. I frantically pointed and shook my head.

"Love, it's ok, I promise it's safe." Ozz extended his hand towards me and helped me into the truck. The seats were plush and soft. Light music played in the background from what was called a radio. It was nice. I decided I liked the truck. Anubis was in the front operating the large machine. We started to move and I looked out the window. There were trees and grass with flowers. I looked at the building that contained me for my whole life. It was run-down from the outside. The roof shingles were falling off, vines and plants had grown over the walls. No wonder we were never found.

"So, what are your names? I think I'm allowed to know now since you're in my truck!" Anubis chuckled from the front seat, glancing at us from a mirror. I nodded towards Ozz and he cleared his throat.

"I'm Ozz, and that's Red-hea- I mean Lucia."

Anubis hummed, " Well, I hope y'all are fine going to my place. Because I don't think you'd really wanna go to a hospital even though y'all look like you need one." Ozz hummed in approval and leaned against the door. I fiddled with the piece of leather that was draped over my shoulder, Anubis insisted that I wore it, he called it a seat belt. Why did the seats need belts and why do I have to wear them? I leaned against the window and looked outside. I watched as birds flew past and dirt flew up from the wheels. Smiling, I tapped Ozz on the shoulder and pointed to a strange flower. It was red and had skinny spindles. There were patches of them alongside the road.

"Oi, Anubis!" Ozz put his head back on the window. "What's the red flower called? "Re- um 'Cia likes 'em."

"Oh those?" Anubis glanced over to the patches. "Those are called Spider Lilies. They grow everywhere out here."

The drive was long but it was nicer than anything I'd ever experienced. The seats were soft and once I took off the leather strap, despite Anubis's protests I fell asleep. It was dark out when we arrived at a small building with a triangular roof. The door was baby blue and there were ashtrays scattered around the porch. A single dirty lawn chair was set up, it looked as if no one had sat in it for years. Anubis led us inside and showed us around. My favorite place was the bedroom! It was full of fluffy blankets, squishy pillows and the mattress was soft and plush. We were led out and Anubis set out two bowls of something he called ramen noodles.

"Sorry, it's not much.. We live on a budget over here." Anubis looked ashamed, it confused me. I took a couple bites and pushed the bowl aside.

"Are you guys done already?" Anubis began to take the bowls.

"We're saving it for later." Ozz stood up and popped his joints.

"Oh-um. You guys don't need to save food. You can eat until you're full." Anubis chuckled, "There's more for tomorrow." Ozz ate around half. I didn't eat anymore. I wanted to sleep.

"Well, I'll take care of the dishes, you guys can go get ready for bed, I'll bring some extra clothes you can use for the night." Anubis picked up the bowls and put mine in the fridge for tomorrow. I walked over to the bathroom and splashed some water on my face. Attempting to wash off some of the dirt and dried blood. Once I was satisfied with the result I went to the bedroom. On the bed were two large t-shirts and some grey sweatpants. I looked around and found that no one was here so I quickly slipped the new clothes on, attempting but failing to fold them nicely for tomorrow. Outside was dark, but not completely. There were small white dots all over the sky providing small amounts of light around them. I'm pretty sure they were called stars if I remember right. They were pretty.