6

ᴀɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀɴ ʟᴀɴᴅ

ᴍᴀʀɪɴᴀ

|< ( || ) >|

0:00-------------------------------------3:26

||

||

House caught Cuddy walking towards the elevator, a rather pensive look on her face. House limped his way over to the elevator, placing his hand on the edge of the door before it closed. Cuddy looked up from her phone and raised her eyebrow at House, "What do you want?"

"I think somethings wrong," House mockingly said, joining Cuddy in the elevator.

Cuddy rolled her eyes at House, putting her phone away in her pocket, "Yeah, no thanks to you. Dr. Thomas just quit and now, I have to find a qualified applicant to replace him."

"Hmm.." House asked, "I don't see how your issue is my fault."

"His reason for quitting and I quote, I cannot stand the lunatics in this hospital, I'm leaving. And seeing as everyone else in this hospital is perfectly sane, he was most definitely talking about you." Lisa said.

House let out a dramatic gasp, "What? No. That-- That can't be. I thought Thomas and I were close friends, I can't believe he would say something like that." House sarcastically said.

"Don't you have a patient to cure?" Cuddy asked as the elevator stopped at the base floor. Cuddy gave House one last look before stepping out of the elevator and walking over to her office.

House rolled his eyes. watching as the elevator doors closed. House made it back to his office. He entered the outer office, "Morning. You guys got the file; what's wrong?"

"Previous tests revealed nothing that would cause abdominal pain or mood swings," Cameron said, watching as House walked past her and towards the sink.

"Then we're done. What do you think-- Ball game? Zoo? I don't care, I just wanna hang with you guys."

"What about drugs?" Chase asked, holding the open file in his hand, "His tox screen on admission showed a massive amount of chloral hydrate."

"Yeah, sorry. That was me. I had to dope him up to get him in here. The guy doesn't think he's sick."

Cuddy sat down in her office chair, taking her laptop out of her bag. She had to schedule a meeting with the hospital board about Dr. Thomas's sudden departure and then she had to make time in her schedule to be able to interview all the possible candidates-- and seeing as she got resumes sent to her almost weekly, it was going to be a lot of sorting out to do.