"Sickly Nightmares" | Chpt. 1

Wind whistled throught the dull, starry night. Frogs croaking at ponds and nearby lakes, hooting and cooing constantly of all kinds of owls. Cicadas chirping out their unknown cries, humming. The forest was almost calming, that is, if you havent tried to do anything to provoke the creatures of the night. The glory of the moon shimmering down onto the trees leaves, the moon shining a light bright on the grass.

It was almost a wonder,

Little did the forest itself know, the silence would be interrupted rudely by a short prince, a medium, black hair. A golden crown carefully placed on his head, with a moon spot missing right atop it, in the middle.

 The man wore a purple cloak, with a moon emblem in the middle that clipped both sides together. Keeping it in place, with a ragged back.

 He also wore these purple, high boots that helped him run, swiftly, throughout the forest. The man ducked under a fallen tree, carefully placed over a beech tree that had almost knocked down from its pressure on its side. 

 A tall, bright yellow figure followed behind him. Menacingly watching, and walking slowly. It always scared people more when some creepy figure stalked slowly behind him, with a sword, or a knife. This creatue held a sword, sharp and ready.

 The creature slashed the tree, and in one go, cut it into halves, only to keep following the small man. The man gave quick, panicked breathing as he continued to dash for it. Only for his leg to be cut and captured by vines, tripping over onto his knees. Soil and leaves sticking to his knees as he dropped his staff, a staff that was metal with a shiny, cyan moon on the end. The purple boy gasped and tugged his leg, his leg permanently stuck as the winged creature approached. The creature lifted its sword, slashed down. Everything went black.

 The boy awoke from his nightmare, gasping heavily. Sweat dripping down his entire body from the stress he just went through, The boy held his head, instead of him wearing his normal outfit, he was wearing a dove grey t-shirt and cargo shorts. His crown placed gently on the dresser beside him. Usually his friend slept beside him, but he saw a note carefully placed on the dresser near the clock timer,

 The boy lifted it,

‘Hey Night!  Went out with Error to get some work done.. Well, stock the fridge and whatnot. Yknow, the bis. I’m sorry I left so late, please call me if anything happens!’

 Signed, Cross with a mini heart beside it.

 Night stuck his tongue out in disgust, not a fan of the heart. Him and Cross were just friends, only friends. Thats what he believed atleast, who knows what Cross felt to him. It doesn’t matter, Nightmare pushed the thoughts away and got up, stretching. His nightmare was over, everything was fine. Nightmare let out a small yawn, every rest he managed to get wasn’t good unless he was sleeping beside someone or something, it wasnt often that Kevin would cuddle up beside him, only if things got really bad, so Cross was usually the expectation. Even if the geek was up all night on videogames beside him or scrolling through Instagram.

 Nightmare thought it was strange, the amount of times hes switched houses, and everytime Kevin had a backdoor area. And yet Dream never found him yet? Has he even tried yet?? It was possible Ink new, from Kevin sneaking out in the middle of the night to see him, but surely he didn’t tell only for Errors sake. He may confess soon, he should be on alert incase.

Again, overthinking myself with a bundle of useless thoughts, he sighs. Was this really worth all this pressure? Constantly being chased by someone you used to know well? It made everyone and everything very unhappy. Only if Dream knew mercy.

 Nightmare gives a small yawn, again. He was tired still, but honestly, if those nightmares continued, being as well as dead is worth it to get over them. Nightmare shuffles through his dressers and pulls out his purple cloak, flopping it over his shoulders as he pulled some chicken slippers up and over his feet, just for some warmth. He then checked the clock,

 ‘12:31’

It read. It was only afternoon, lucky him. He didnt sleep in too long, but if it was this early, how long has the two been out without him?

 Nightmare headed towards his drawer after going to his side bathroom to wash his face to wake up, and brush his teeth with his electric toothbrush. He rattles the handle, after unlocking it, and walks out.