Chapter 13 - A New Hope

Cordelia and Chewie follow behind Luke and Han, playing the parts of prisoners. A mouse droid approaches as the four walk down the hallway and Chewie growls at it. It beeps and retreats back the way it came.

Cordelia pats Chewie's arm before they continue walking. They start seeing more people, so Han grabs Chewie's arm and Luke grabs Cordelia's. They reach the elevators and wait for one to reach them. 

"I can't see a thing in this helmet." Luke says as they enter the empty elevator. An officer tries to join, but Han points to the fake prisoners and they nod, moving to wait for another one.

"This is not gonna work." Han says as Luke works on loosening the binders.

"Why didn't you say so before?" He asks.

"I did say so before." He replies. Cordelia rolls her eyes.

"It'll work." She says. The doors open behind them and they exit the elevator, Luke and Han holding their blasters.

"Where are you taking this thing and girl?" The officer in the room asks.

"Prisoner transfer from Cell Block 1138." Luke says.

"I wasn't notified. I'll have to clear it." He responds. He motions to the others behind him, and they approach, drawing their blasters. Chewie smacks the first one away.

"Look out! He's loose!" Han yells, pulling Cordelia behind him.

"He'll tear us all apart!" Luke adds, giving his blaster to Chewie. 

Blaster fire fills the room until all enemies and cameras are taken out. They move to the consoles and push the officer's body away.

"We gotta find out which cell this princess of yours is in. Here it is. 2187. You go and get her. I'll hold them here." Han says. Luke nods and rushes down the cell block as Han removes his helmet. "Everything's under control. Situation normal." He says into the comms. Cordelia rolls her eyes at him.

"What happened?" A man asks.

"Had a slight weapons malfunction, but everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now. Thank you. How are you?" He says. Cordelia smacks his arm.

"Seriously?!" She mouths at him. He shrugs and she groans silently.

"We're sending a squad up." The man tells him.

"Uh..Negative, negative. We have a reactor leak here now. Give us a few minutes to lock it down. Large leak, very dangerous." He says.

"Who is this? What's your operating number?" He asks. Han grabs the blaster and shoots the comms.

"You idiot! You couldn't come up with better excuses?!" Cordelia shrieks.

"It was a boring conversation anyway." He tells her. She scoffs, rolling her eyes. She moves towards one of the bodies and takes their blaster. "Luke, we're gonna have company!" He yells down to Luke, who finally finds the right cell.

Chewie growls as the elevator beeps, signaling that one is approaching. Han grabs Cordelia and drags her behind him, yelling for Chewie to get behind him too. The elevator door explodes and stormtroopers begin to emerge.

Cordelia, Han, and Chewie fire at them as they back towards the hallway. Once more enter, they run down the hallway to join Luke and the princess.

"Can't get out that way." Han tells them.

"Looks like you managed to cut off our only escape route." The princess says. Han turns to her.

"Maybe you'd like it back in your cell, Your Highness." He tells her. A blaster bolt flies over their heads, and they take cover. Luke calls for C-3PO as Han, Cordelia, and Chewie shoot at the stormtroopers.