x. bespin

⋆☆* ✧✰.✦

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" Han shouted as the Millenium Falcon failed yet again to jump to lightspeed. They had safely navigated their way out of the asteroid field, but now they were stuck yet again in the definitely-more-dangerous field of Star Destroyers. There was a moment of chaos in which everyone seemed to be shouting at each other and then they were back on track, Han developing another insane plan that also happened to be their only chance of survival.

As much as Cas wished he could explain everything before putting his plan into motion, she knew time was of the essence and figured all would be explained later. She trusted him, which still felt odd to admit even after several years of trusting him on missions. As much as she hated to admit it, he was reliable, far more so than she would have ever thought.

And so she trusted him and kept quiet as he attacked the two Star Destroyers head-on. She held her breath as the rest of the plan unfolded. Within moments they were attached to a Destroyer like a fly on a wall and Chewie was turning off everything he could that wouldn't impede their mission. Now, how they'd get out of there Cas had no idea, but at least if Han didn't already have a plan they had time to come up with one.

"Captain Solo, this time you have gone too far," C-3PO said sternly. He was losing his temper, something Cas was fairly certain she had never seen him do. Well, it had certainly been one hell of a day for all of them, hadn't it?
"No, I will not be quiet, Chewbacca," he snapped as the Wookiee told him to do exactly that.
"Why won't anyone listen to me?" Cas stood and led him to sit where she had been, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder and giving him a reassuring but firm look.

"It's been a rough day for everyone, Threepio. We're in a terrible situation, and it's times like these that the craziest plans are the only ones that get us out alive." Her words were based on previous experiences, and both that and the sureness in her tone seemed to calm him certain it wouldn't last long. Han, who ignored them entirely, spoke to his second in command.

"The fleet's beginning to break up. Go back and stand by the manual release for the landing claw." The lack of explanation was starting to get to Cas, but it was getting to the golden protocol droid even more. He was almost in hysterics, the poor thing.

"I really don't see how that is going to help. Surrender is a perfectly acceptable alternative in extreme circumstances. The Empire may be gracious enough—" That was the last of his ramblings. Leia reached over and shut him off before he could go any further, and Cas merely shrugged from where she leaned in the doorframe, arms crossed. She couldn't say she didn't try.

"Thank you," said Han. With the main distraction taken care of, Leia got down to business.

"What did you have in mind for your next move?" Cas almost imperceptibly leaned forward with interest.

"Well if they follow standard Imperial procedure, they'll dump their garbage before they go to lightspeed, then we just float away." The corners of Leia's lips turned upward ever so slightly.

"With the rest of the garbage," she murmured.

"Hang on," Cas began, reminding them that she was still there.
"How do you know Imperial procedure?" Both Han and Leia gave her identical looks that said "really?" She raised her hands in defense.
"I'm not accusing you of anything, if you were a spy you would've sold us out years ago." It was a grim joke, but they understood it well enough.