Chapter 8

Violet King

"Nice place you have Violet" he compliments.

"Thank you intruder." I roll my eyes

"You're the one who invited me inside and don't roll your eyes at me." He's glares.

"First of its pouring out there I couldn't leave my boss out there and second don't tell me what to do we're not in the office." I glare back and he lets out a sigh closing his eyes.

I watch as he takes a deep breath before he speaks. "Will you ever see me as anything except your boss?" He takes a sit on the couch resting his elbows on his knees.

"What do you want me to see you as Ace?" I take a sit next to him.

"I don't know Violet. A normal person? A man? Not your boss? You're the first person or I should say woman to treat me like I'm some disgusting contagious disease." He chuckles "...and believe me when I say that doesn't happen often. Or at all." He finishes.

"Be honest with me. Why are you really here? I'm not dumb Ace I know something is up." I cross my arms across my chest leaning on the back of the sofa.

"Remember the night I found out you're an ex assassin?"

"I remember it like it was only a few days ago." I stifle a chuckle when he flips me off.

"Well someone's been keeping tabs on you ever since. Tonight at the restaurant I was scared someone would try to hurt you because of me."

"So you only decide to tell me this now? Way to bury the lead Ace what the fuck?" I grumble angrily because why would he not tell me this critical piece of information from the get go? I'm trying to put on my best poker face praying the my past doesn't catch up to me. Not yet at least.

"I was also kinda hoping to have a...Uhm.... A date with you I guess" he rubs the back of his neck "its jus that I knew you wouldn't willingly go on one with me so I didn't bother asking." He shrugs.

"What did you do to my real date then?" I let out an unbelievable gasp at the smug smile on his face right now.

"Did you kill him? My god Ace that is so unnecessary." I scold.

"It was not unnecessary he wanted what is mine." He snaps back

"I'm not some 'thing' you can just put your claim on Ace! I am so sick of men trying to act like they own me Ace, I've been through enough shit that's why I'm here in the first place. I got away from it once so I can start fresh and never let someone have that kind of power of me again, I'll be dammed if you think I'll let that happen to me again."

"Violet, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about."

Shit.

"And I didn't kill him I just had a chat with him. That's all he's still alive." He adds.

"Oh...um....okay,okay yeah uhm I think I'm gonna go take a shower—

My rambling is cut of by the ringing of the doorbell.

Suddenly I'm feeling like I can't breathe, like all the oxygen in the room drop to zero.

The moment he makes a move to go open the door I grab onto his hand causing his gaze to snap back to me.

"Don't." I whisper

"It's just the Chinese food I ordered Violet relax." He whispers back seemingly trying to calm me down but it's not working.

"That's not Chinese food Ace I can feel it in my gut and one thing I've learnt is to always trust my gut. Do not open that door."

"Okay okay fine then how do we get the fuck out of here?" He asks even thought I'm sure a small part of him believe that I'm just paranoid and the person at the door is his delivery gu—

"Delivery for Miss King." The voice on the other end of the door calls out faking an Italian accent but failing miserably.

"I never put your name on my order." Ace has his gun in his hand before I can blink.

"What the fuck is happening Violet."

"First let's get the fuck out of here grab Kev while I get some weapons for us we can exit through the emergency exit in the kitchen." I tell him.

"Who the fuck is Kev?"

"Kevin my cat get him and put him in little cage thingy we don't have time to talk Ace." I quickly shut down any argument he has rushing into my room shuffling the clothes in my closet around grabbing guns and blades even a few grenades because you just never know.

"Wow." Ace gasps seeing my little collection.

"How the fuck do you have all this? Let me get some." He smiles down at the weapons like a kid in a candy store.

"Hey baby."

"Hey."

"Not you Ace I'm speaking to Kev." I scoff at his antics.

"I don't know Amore I'm pretty sure you were looking at me while you said bab—

Shots ring out through the house cutting off our mini argument. How we forgot about the situation at hand is beyond me.

"Come on Ace, let's go. Now."

We race through the living room shorting two guys in their heads as we make our way to the kitchen.

We find the emergency exit easily and begin flying down the staircase but of course things can't go smoothly for more than two seconds.

The moment we burst through the other end of the emergency door and into the lobby we're greeted with a dead security guard and very dead receptionist along with about 12 men who are yet to notice our presence despite the fact that we basically broke down the door.

I glance up at Ace only to find his gaze already set on me eyes narrowed like he's assessing me.

"Ahhhh well look what the cat dragged in" the voice could only belongs to one person. One person that has my blood running cold, all the air in my lungs suddenly scarce

Brad is smiling up at us arms open wide.

"Violet King or should I say Ángel de la muerte" he smirks at my pale state.

(Angel of death)

From beside I feel Ace stiffen at the name.

As much as I prepared myself for this day I never expected it to come so soon. Except that's the thing. Two years isn't soon. My past bond to catch up to me some day and I'm guessing today is that day.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*NOT EDITED*

Sorry for the late update babes😪