Chapter 15

VIOLET KING

We were having a sleepover/ movie night.

The girls LOVE Ace. Especially Sky she's been clinging to him ever since I reassured them he would never hurt them. Ever. With the help of Kay of course.

Katie and Allie were a bit more skeptical of him but soon enough they relaxed a bit more around him.

Last week when they first met he told me to take the week off to spend time with them, ignoring my protests.

Right now on this Friday night he's here sitting on the living room floor the girls are trying to choose a good movie. They look so cute in the matching pj's Ace bought them. Even sky is in her cute little butterfly pajama set.

Standing in the doorway of the entrance to the living room I stare at them like a weirdo. Katie and Allie are arguing between which movie to watch first while Ace blows on sky's belly making her let out those cute giggles of hers.

This all feels natural. Too natural. All at once my anxiety starts creeping up my skin like a snake. What if the girls get too comfortable with him? What if something happens? What if he leaves us? Oh god I don't want them to get hurt! I feel like they're getting so attached to him, what if he realizes that raising three girls is going to be to much for him? Shit! What if he's just hanging around because he feels sorry for me? What if this whole thing is just a pity charade to him? What if—

"Bellisima" Ace calls out snapping me out of my thoughts. It's only now that I notice they're all staring at me. "Are you okay?"

"Hey! Yeah... um I'm sorry I zoned out for a bit there." I try to muster up the best smile I can.

"You're crying." Katie informs me, touching my face I realize my cheeks feel wet.

"My eyes are burning. I'll go wash them out." I say turning on my heels to speed walk out of there without waiting to hear what any of them had to say. I know one specific person didn't believe shit that just came out of my mouth, he stayed quiet analyzing me the whole time I spoke.

Locking the bathroom door with a sigh I head to the sink to wash my face. I close the pipe then stare at my reflection in the mirror.

I wonder if he sees anything long term with me. I hate the way he easily gets over all the walls I've built up to protect my poor heart from getting more pain. Everything is just so tiring.

Tired of the pain.
Tired of hurting in secret.
Tired of always the lack of trust.
Tired of acting like I'm okay.
Tired of running.
Tired of being tired.

The back of my eyes burn with unshed tears. No! I'm not going to ruin a good night just because I'm overthinking again.

There's a tiny knock on the door. My brows furrow in confusion because the girls usually knock harder than that and I don't think Ace is capable of knocking so lightly.

"It's Sky at the door by the way, if you're wondering." He says from the other side.

Smiling a little to myself I walk toward the door unlocking it letting Ace and Sky in.

"Mama!" Sky squeals making grabby hands at me.

I take her from him littering her face with kisses just to hear her little giggles and plea's for me to stop. After finally catching her breathe she look at Ace. "Papa!" She makes grabby hands at him.

I tense. I know he saw and felt it. Handing him the three year old who is very much capable of walking on her own but is just spoilt I look at him to gauge out his reaction.

He stares back at me with a completely blank expression. His eyes a void of emotion, I can't read a single thing off of him. Placing a kiss on her cheek He whispers something in her ear that makes her smile brightly and ask if he promises. After his confirmation she out the door like she's being chased by a dog.

"What was that about?" I question with a chuckle trying my best not to speak about my mini anxiety attack or the fact that skylar called Ace papa.

"Don't do that Bellisima and before you even ask me what you and I both know what I'm speaking about so don't do that either" I clamp my mouth shut looking anywhere but him.

"For this to work you're going to have to talk to me tesoro." He takes a step closer to me.

"So there's a this?" I point between the two of us.

"What did you think I wanted to be your big bro? Of course there's a this! An us!" He responds in a tone of disbelief.

"Forgive me for asking Ace because last I checked you never asked me to be your girlfriend!" I snap.
"You took me out on an amazing date once! We didn't even kiss! I didn't know that automatically meant I was your girlfriend!"

"Cara—

"No! Let me say this!" I interrupt.

"I don't know about relationships Ace. I only know about the type in a few books I've read! You were my first kiss for fucks sake! Im learning here so you need to be straightforward with me and reassure me because my mind works at a million miles per hour I overthink a lot and I know I have so much baggage but I just need you to be patient with me." I finish with an exhausted sigh closing my eyes to rub my temples.

"Didn't you hate me?" He smirks.

"The fuck did you just say to me?" I glare at him in utter disbelief.

I was on the verge of a panic attack and telling him about my fears and he takes now of all times to remind me that I hate him?

"I'm just reflecting on how much you hated my guts. It only took one incident for you to fall for me." He laughs grasping his chest as he stares at me in amusement.

"Get your ass out of my way before I kill you Ace." I push passed him storming into the living room where the girls are now watching Black Panther.

"Come on bellisima don't be like that." He chuckles wrapping his arms around my waist hugging me from behind.

Prying his hands off me I pick up a sleeping Sky and go to put her to bed.

"Just admit it baby." He grins.

Rolling my eyes I flip him off without looking back at him I place sky on the bed of the downstairs guest bedroom so it's easier to get to her if she has nightmares. When we go upstairs to sleep I'll bring her up with us.

"Let me tell y'all the story about someone I'm not gonna say who but it's just a random person and their beloved jeep"

"Ace!" I scold

"Oh so you're talking to me now?" He smirks his eyes twinkling in pure amusement.

Asshole.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*Not Edited*