6 | HIDE AND FREAK

LUKE HEMMINGS

I didn't knew how much time had passed by, but here we were. Calum, Ash, Michael and I. Sitting at the table and talking about Ashton's upcoming birthday in a few days. He wanted a theme party. No one had any suggestions about a theme, not even Ashton himself. So we were sitting on Cal's laptop, who was looking up for themes. Ash was writing a couple of ideas down — we had all black, even mafia and we had star wars.

"I like the all black one the most." Calum agreed to Michael, who nodded and Ashton hummed. "Me too, it's classy and really sassy." he chuckled, when I got a call from Rox. "I have to get this." I looked at the guys. They all started smirking and I rolled with my eyes, accepting the call. "Hello, pretty girl." I greet Roxanna, who giggled and I could picture her, sitting in her dorm, surrounded by books and notes. "Hello, Professor." I heard her smirk. "What are you doing, sweetheart?" I got into my room and tried not to get too affected by Roxanna calling me Professor. "Studying for Literature, you?" she yawned, making my heart ache. She's tired and still up. "Why don't you take a nap, it's already late." I told her and she scoffed. "I have two papers to finish. Wanna do those for me?" she sassed and I scoff. "Fuck the papers, love. You need sleep." I sat on my desk, turning my laptop on, so I could continue working on the next sheets for next week. "I want you here." she whines, making my heart stumble from heartbeat over heartbeat. "I want you here too." I sigh, opening the writing document, when I see Roxanna's exam on my laptop. I haven't had the chance to read it. "About what did you wrote your essay in my class, Roxy?" I frown, when she hums. "I think it was about Marketing structure, why are you asking?" I hear a few things shuffle on her line and I don't question it. "I was curious. I haven't had the chance to look at it." I tell her truthfully.

The night manages to pass by fast and the next thing I know was, that I was in class, surrounded by students, who were walking in with a coffee in their hands and tired faces. "Good Morning, class!" I greet everyone, as I sit on my desk and look around. Roxanna is never too late and it's already eight. "I'm gonna pass out some sheets, you guys finish this until the end of the lesson and give them back after class." I grabbed the stack of paper and passed everything around. "And if there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask!" I remind everyone, as the start mumbling around and complained, that those sheets are impossible to make in 90 minutes. "Come on, class. You guys can do it. Pair up and help yourselves, if you can't do it alone." I told them and sat on my laptop, when I texted Roxy.

Where are you?

"Professor Hemmings, I need help." I put my phone down, looking up to see that Ashley called me and I sighed. I walked over to her, a smile planting my lips. "What do you need, Ashley?" I ask, kneeling down to her table. "I don't understand this question." she pointed to the first question and I mentally face palm myself. "It's easy. You need to explain how you would build a marketing trade, Ashley." I explained her, feeling her eyes nearly boring into mine. "Thank you, Professor Hemmings." her finger touched mine and I looked at her. "Ashley, we've discussed this. Stop it." I breathed in and straighten myself up, when the door bashed open and I see a totally worked up Roxanna.

"I am so sorry for being late, Professor Hemmings." she looks really bad. Her eyes are tired and puffy. "It's fine. Sit down and I'll give you the worksheet." I told her softly. "Aren't you going to punish her or let her stay in class?" Ashley scoffs and I turn back to her. "Please turn back to your work sheet, Ashley. I'll discuss this with Roxanna myself." I sternly demand, walking up to my desk, where I grab the last sheets and pass them to Roxanna. "Are you okay?" I frowned and she shook her head. "Stay after class, alright?" I told her and she nods, taking her pencil case out, so she could start working on the paper.

Just when the class was about to end and students were leaving, Roxanna was still sitting and working on the paper I passed her out. The last student was so kind and closed the door, so I just sit onto Roxanna's table and raise her chin up to me. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" y thumb traces over her jaw and she closes her eyes, leaning into my touch. "I finished my essays by four something in the morning, then I had only an hour sleep. I got ready and went back to bed, so I could continue reading, but then I fell asleep. I'm really sorry, Luke." she nearly starts crying. "No, don't apologize, baby. It's fine. I told you to get some sleep though." I sighed, kneeling down to her. "I couldn't sleep. Normally I can sleep easily, but I can't sleep when I'm alone, since you know — we started dating." Dating. That sounds so unreal. Maybe because we've never been on a real date. "Then sleep at mine tonight. I could drive you, that's not a problem." I told her softly, kissing her forehead gently. "But you have your day off tomorrow, because it's Ashton's birthday." she tells me, when her tears starts running over her cheek. "Oh, that's no problem. Ashton wants you on his party as well. Don't cry, sweetheart." I hug her, pulling her as close as possible. "I feel so bad for coming late. I never come too late!" she sobs and looks at me. I smile and shake my head. "Baby, you're okay. It was just one time and you had a rough night." I tell her, wiping her tears away softly. "How about we go to the café nearby and get you a coffee?" I suggest and Roxanna nods, packing her things together and so did I.