Epilogue

It was one of those days that Amber, El Primo, and Poco decided to get lunch together after a busy morning. They chose one of the many restaurants in Starr Park that was only a short walk from where they performed. Amber cared little about what her friends were talking about. She was staring into space, nodding along occasionally. Then, the door opened, and four teenagers came in, laughing and talking. Amber recognized Fang and Janet, but who was the white-haired girl and angry-looking guy with a scarf? Oh– right. The girl was Colette, the Brawl Stars fan who ran around asking for autographs every day. How out of place she looked without her gift shop uniform! Without noticing Amber, the group sat down at a booth: Fang and Janet on one side and the other two on the other. Judging from their mannerisms, it couldn't have been more obvious that each duo was a couple. She watched Janet wrap her arm around Fang and give him a little squeeze. The move was casual, having been done before. Amber burned with rage. Janet had beaten her!

"Um, Amber? You okay?" Poco's voice pulled her from her thoughts. He looked extremely concerned. "You look like you're plotting a murder."

"Hmm? Yes! I'm totally fine." She tried for a smile that only seemed to concern her friend more.

She wasn't done, though– one day, Fang would be hers. Janet, she decided, was playing with fire.