Chapter 43: Yoshio awakens his persona

The teammates spent time with their families and ate dinner. They meet at the abandoned arcade. Chartreuse looked at the arcade cabinet. "Nightshade went through it with you guys." Sakura said "Yes she did. Our parents said it is okay to get in." Kentaro held healing items. Because there's a lack of shadow attacks and more trust, morale is up." Isonash said "And healing items will be tasty and heal us quickly."

Midori looked at the group "Let's go!" The group cheers "Right!" Midori jumps into the portal to the Spirit Dimension in the arcade cabinet. The rest join her. They eventually enter the part of the Spirit Dimension looking like a Victorian castle. Midori looks around. "Are we in Victorian England?" Chartreuse summons Tails Doll. "This is most likely a world Dusk would make."

The group enters the castle, looking for Dusk. They noticed Sonic.EXE. Tails Doll glares at Sonic.EXE. The group noticed TMK as well. Night Dash summons MX and GB. Midori sees Dusk. "Are you the real Dusk?"

Dusk looked over with his Dark Matter Eye. "Yes I am and Pray tell, how did you find this area of the Spirit Dimension? I hid the energy signatures here and used TMK to make sure any kid who played this particular arcade game hung themselves when at home to be in Dreamland as Kirby."

Chartreuse steps forward. "They got help from me." Midori steps forward. "I'll face you. You and me." Yoshio steps forward beside Midori. "I'll fight you too." Dusk looked at Yoshio. "You, a little dinosaur will defeat me?" Yoshio ran to Dusk. "Don't say I'm a bird when I am facing you!" Midori pulls Yoshio. "He's trying to mess with you." "Yoshi is a reptile, not a bird like the both of you." Dusk retorts.

Yoshio shouts "DINOSAURS ARE BIRDS! I KNOW YOSHI IS A REPTILE!" Mdori pulls Yoshio and then gets in front of him. "Yoshio, he's using taunts to mess with us. He's trying to use your hotheaded stubbornness to harm you." Yoshio responds "I'm not a hothead. Detectives are not hot heads." Dusk Shook his head. "Maybe I should have Sonic.EXE deal with you." He looks at the group. "I don't have time for babies."

Yoshio was pissed. "I'm gonna-!" Midori looked Yoshio in the eyes. "Calm down! Think about what keeps you calm." Yoshio starts thinking about Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters. Yoshi calmed down and asked "Am I a burden?" Midori said "You're not a burden. You're a hot head, but that's part of you. What's important is saving Dusk." Yoshio looked at Midori. "I can't accept being a hot head. Detectives aren't hot heads."

Midori said "Every detective is different. That makes them who they are." Dusk rolled his eye in disgust. "If I wanted to see something this wholesome I would just go on the internet." Midori looked at Dusk. If he refuses to listen to her, she's gonna beat him. She asks "Dusk, can you look at Chartreuse and listen?" Chartreuse looks at Dusk." Dusk looks back ready to fight.

Chartreuse looks down. She held her sword. "I'm sorry Dusk." She said and slashed at Dusk. Midori hits Dusk with her dagger. Yoshio shoots Dusk with his gun. Dusk Dodges all 3 using the Master Crown. Yoshio kept shooting at Dusk. Midori slashes Dusk. Chartreuse sees what Dusk is doing and warns "Wait! Midori and Yoshio! He's using the Master Crown!" Dusk sends homing energy of pure darkness at Midori and Yoshio. "Time to take out the two weak humans!"

Midori and Yoshio were harmed. The group ran to Dusk to attack. Chartreuse and Night Dash stopped them. "I'll fight him!" said Night Dash. Chartreuse said "It's my fault Midori and Yoshio are harmed. I'll fight him." Chartreuse and Night Dash battled Dusk. Yoshio and Midori were getting up when they saw a shadow coming. The shadow looks like Yoshio with the signature glowing yellow eyes.

Chartreuse and Night Dash slash at Dusk. Shadow Yoshio looked at Yoshio. "You seem quiet for a hot head." Yoshio said "I am not a hot head." "You wanted to beat up Dusk for using a reference to a fictional character you think is a reptile, not a dinosaur." Says Shadow Yoshio. Yoshio responds "Yoshi is a reptile because it's a known science fact that dinosaurs are the ancestors of birds, not reptiles."