Mistake

It has been a month since I left New Orleans and life in Mystic Falls, is meh. I do get to spend time with Caroline, my best friend and the others.

One day I got a call from my lunatic, brother in law.

"I told you Niklaus, I'm long gone." I said then kept walking around the town.

"Yeah, I know love. But I've missed you."

"Yeah right. What do you really want?"

"Alright, can you please come back here? Even just for a few days? Elijah is throwing a party to bring the factions together and I would love for you to come."

"No."

"Love, please? The party is in two days."

"You know what? Fine. But you owe me."

"Lovely, see you."

I sighed. First, I needed to inform Caroline and the others, then go straight to New Orleans as the trip is pretty long.

• New Orleans •

When I got to the compound, I decided to not enter through the front door, but through another area. And as Niklaus said, it was a party so I dressed nicely.

I quickly spotted Niklaus having a conversation with Genevieve, the witch. "Oh my favorite brother in law!" I exclaimed. Genevieve saw me then walked away. Niklaus' attention then went to me.

"You came." He said then reached for a hug, which I accepted.

"Of course. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you." It was kinda sarcastic, but who cares? I then released myself from the hug.

"So, what do you think love? What do you rate the party Elijah threw?" He asked.

"Meh, werewolves are here, which involves Hayley so yeah. Meh." I then spotted Elijah asking Hayley for a dance.

"Love-" Niklaus tried to speak but I interrupted.

"Let's dance. Remember you owe me?" I said with a smirk on my face.

At first, he declined, but with some words, he accepted. He walked me down the stairs.

We quickly got in place then started slow dancing. "You know, you don't dance bad." I rolled my eyes. "Can't say the same for you." I said.

"Ouch." He placed one of his hands on his chest.

We continued dancing for a while until Elijah started to talk to us.

"Can I have you for one moment?" Elijah asked me. I looked at Niklaus and he nodded. I quickly stepped away with Elijah.

"What?" I asked him.

"You came back, why?" He asked.

"Well, your lunatic brother called me. And then told me that my lunatic husband was throwing a party, and that I should join. So yeah, that's why I came back." I explained to him.

"Well I'm glad you agreed." He said.

"Okay, thanks? Is that all?" I asked, knowing damn well that even if he did have more things to say, I would just walk away, like he did.